Deadline: 5 September 2014
Open to: European-based journalism professionals able to dedicate 10-15 hours weekly
Benefits: free international travel around Europe to cover major media events; build an international career and get involved more with the European Youth Press
Orange Magazine has been created by the European Youth Press (EYP) to provide journalistic education and to support young journalists by giving them room to explore media and current affairs. The magazine introduces a wide range of topics from global media policy, immigration, conflicts, environmental issues and social justice. Orange is now published mainly online using various tools of multimedia journalism and aims to provide a creative space for collaboration between young journalists on the issues that matter today.
The European Youth Press currently has three open positions at the Orange magazine team. You can be based just anywhere in Europe, but you have to be ready to dedicate 10-15 hours a week to Orange.
The following positions are open for applications:
- Responsibilities: Your responsibility will be to write project applications for funding.
- Eligibility: The ideal Project Manager will have proven experience in writing and implementation of European and international (youth) projects. Additionally, budget management skills are also essential.
- Application: Please send CV and list of conferences with websites’ links that you have organised.
- Responsibilities: You will have to upload the Orange magazine content on the Orange Magazine website. You will be able to work on your own content as a journalist or editor.
- Eligibility: Experience in dealing with WordPress is essential. Furthermore, you need to have good editorial skills. Additionally you have to be efficient with social media: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn.
- Application: Please send CV and list of websites that you have been administering.
- Responsibilities: Creating layout for Orange Magazine in collaboration with the Orange team, creating templates for the Orange work (video, magazine, web, radio). Additionally the designer will work on the website orangemagazine.eu to improve its visualization.
- Eligibility: Experience in layouting with Photoshop and InDesign, Sound editing with Audacity, Video editing with Premiere CS5, After Effects and/or Final Cut. A good command of WordPress, HTML and CSS, PHP is considered as a definitive advantage.
- Application: Please send CV and portfolio.
The Orange Magazine team works on a volunteer basis, but travels for free around Europe and covers major media events. This is a unique chance to build an international career and get involved more with the European Youth Press.
Interested candidates can apply HERE. All the applications should be sent as PDF documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please title the subject: “Application for Orange Magazine Team”.
The deadline is 5 September 2014.
For further information please visit the official call.