Deadline: 18 August 2014
Open to: Scandinavian undergraduates and master students
Remuneration: accommodation, covered flight expenses and travel insurance
Project Danish-Jordanian University Cooperation (DJUCO) focuses on academic cooperation between University of Southern Denmark and universities and academic institutions in Jordan. Through different academic activities such as research, conferences, student exchange program, workshops DJUCO seeks to build bridge between educational cultures and strengthen the dialogue, understanding and cooperation between countries. Project DJUCO is recruiting one Danish/European full-time interns for the project office in Amman, Jordan in the period: from 1 October 2014 (or earlier) till 31 January 2015 (or later). During the internship, you will be responsible for one or more of these activities:
- Develop and implement different workshops for Jordanian university students in cooperation with Jordanian volunteers;
- Develop and run a new network of Jordanian university students, which focuses on problems related to the Jordanian University system;
- Develop and implement DJUCO’s bridge building activities, which focus on minimizing the gap between the education system and the labor market ;
- Plan a study trip to Jordan – called Tour de Jordan or Young Scholars Conference;
- Produce text and small video productions for internal and external use or update and develop website and social media.
Candidate profile should be:
- Bachelor or Master student;
- Good English skills, written and spoken;
- Good communication, research and coordination skills;
- Flair for planning, initiating and concluding tasks with determination and self-sufficienct;
- Knowledge of the Middle East and a general knowledge of IT are considered an asset.
The internship is unpaid, but Project DJUCO provides you with accommodation, as well as it covers flight expenses and travel insurance.
Send your cover letter application (maximum 1 page) and CV by e-mail to [email protected]. The deadline for application is Monday 18 August 2014, 12.00 a.m.
For further information, please visit the official website.