Deadline: 5 September 2014
Open to: photographers from around the globe
Benefits: promoting your work through various events, global media and partners through the +Acumen network
Acumen is a global non-profit organization whose mission is to create a world beyond poverty by investing patient capital in social enterprises, emerging leaders and breakthrough ideas. As one of 23 global +Acumen chapters, TORONTO+Acumen supports Acumen’s novel approach to tackling poverty by creating and connecting socially-oriented leaders through our local events and initiatives. Through these initiatives, we hope to not only inspire the Toronto community to see the world with open-mindedness and humility, but also to have the audacity to become agents of social change themselves.
Picture Dignity is a global photography contest aimed at inspiring the global community to define, illustrate, and show us what dignity means to them. Photographers of all strains – the eminent and the undiscovered – are invited to showcase their work on a platform of international proportions.
This Contest is open only to individuals who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry. To be eligible to win, make sure your submissions meet the following criteria:
- Approximate pixel measurements of 3240 x 2160;
- Images should be in JPEG format and should be RGB color space, monochrome, or a combination of the two;
- Images should be shot with a minimum 8 Megapixel camera;
- Recommended photo size is 4 MB, though larger files will be accepted. Photo size must be at least 2 MB;
- Entries containing images or information of persons under 13 years of age shall result in immediate disqualification;
- Entries should contain at least one human subject.
The Top 35 photographs selected, will gain international exposure through the +Acumen network. Proceeds from the auction of these photographs will support +Acumen initiatives which contribute to the success of social entrepreneurs in developing countries including East Africa, West Africa, Pakistan and India.