Deadline: 25 October 2014
Open to: applicants who are within 5 years of the completion of their PhD from around the world
Fellowship: € 2,000 per month and travel reimbursement
The Max Weber Programme is the largest international postdoctoral programme in the Social Sciences and Humanities in Europe. It offers around 50-55 fully funded fellowships to qualified researchers from anywhere in the world who work in or across the relevant disciplines of the EUI – Economics, History, Law and Social and Political Sciences and their sub-fields. The Programme covers all aspects of an academic career, including support for academic writing in English, applying for research grants and the opportunity to teach in some of Europe’s leading universities. The fellowships are awarded for 12, 24 or exceptionally 36 months.
The Programme is open to applicants who are within 5 years of the completion of their PhD from anywhere in the world with level of English proficiency – C1
The basic grant is € 2,000 per month. Fellows receive reimbursement for one return trip from their home town to Florence in the maximum amount of €1,200 for return travel.
The Application Form is available online HERE. Required documents which should be uploaded are:
- CV with a list of publications in PDF;
- Academic career statement (2 pages) as a PDF. The purpose is to indicate your research, teaching interests, experience, career plans and why you think the MW Programme will benefit you;
- Research proposal (2 pages) as a PDF. The proposal must be clear and well structured, with well-defined and realistic goals that can be achieved within the duration of the fellowship. You can also indicate if you think your research will fit with one of the following five “thematic research groups” that they anticipate continuing in 2015/16:
- Governance, Constitutionalism and Democracy,
- Citizenship and Migration,
- Inequality and Efficiency in Education and Labour Markets,
- Tommaso Padoa-Schioppa: The Design, Regulation and Governance of Fiscal and Monetary Policies in the EU,
- Europe in the World: Foreign Relations, International Security,World Politic.
There should be also at least two letters of reference submitted online directly by the referees.
The deadline for completing the application form and for the submission of the references is: midnight CET 25 October 2014.
For further information, please visit the official website.