Deadline: 31 August 2014
Open to: applicants with university degree in management, communication, information or social and human sciences and 3 years of relevant work experience
Remuneration: not specified
UNESCO’s Communication and Information Sector is looking for a qualified project assistant to work on the project, “Empowering local radios with ICTs”, which intends to increase the quality of local radio programing in 32 radio stations located so far in Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya, Lesotho, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania and Zambia. The incumbent will, among other things, help in the execution and coordination of the project; track progress towards the attainment of benchmarks and expected results; be responsible for the website permanent updates as well as social media actions; liaise and follow-up partnerships; help control budget expenses.
In order to apply, you should have:
– At least 3 years relevant work experience; experience acquired in the organizations of the UN system will be considered an advantage;
– Experience in project management;
– University Degree in management, communication, information or social and human sciences;
– Familiarity or ability to quickly learn UNESCO’s methods and procedures;
– Knowledge of English at advanced level and knowledge of French at intermediate level. Knowledge of a third UN official language an advantage.
If you are interested in this assignment, please send a written proposal in line with the terms of reference, in English or French, to [email protected] Deadline for submitting the applications is 31 August 2014 at 12 a.m. Paris time.
Your written application should comprise:
- an up to date curriculum vitae, including three references from previous employers;
- a proposal of approach for the assignment, and
- a competitive fee per month, which should be quoted in US dollars or in Euros only.
For further information, please visit the official website.