Deadline: 1 December 2014
Open to: graduates from Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia and Ukraine
Scholarship: EUR 700 per month
The Bavarian Academic Center for Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe (BAYHOST) is a cooperative institution of all Bavarian universities, universities of applied sciences and art academies. The Free State of Bavaria sponsors one year scholarships for graduates from Eastern Europe. The scholarship will be given for study programs at Bavarian State Universities (universities, universities of applied sciences and art universities), and church universities. BAYHOST grants scholarships for every subject, but only for post-graduates studies (masters and Ph.D. programs)
In order to apply for the BAYHOST scholarship you need to:
- Be national of one of the following countries: Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia or Ukraine;
- Be living full-time in your country at the time of your application;
- Be no older than 30 years;
- Need financial assistance to fund your studies at a Bavarian University;
- Provide evidence of your German language skills, which should be at level that you can master seminars and academic papers in German without difficulty. But the working language is English;
- Be able to give evidence that at the time of the application you have achieved/ or will achieve your above-average university degree;
- Be matriculated in a Masters or Ph.D. program at a Bavarian University of your choice during the period of your granted scholarship.
The scholarship is paid in twelve monthly instalments of EUR 700 and is initially given for one year and can by applying be extended for two more years. The scholarship holders are responsible themselves for their arrival at the respective place of study.Visa modalities have to be arranged and clarified beforehand at the German embassy or consulate at your home country by the scholarship holder. Travel costs are not accorded. Scholarship holders are obligated to attend the ‘scholarship holders meeting’ and to provide BAYHOST evidence of their current immatriculation (copy of immatriculation card). Your study program have to take place in Bavaria and must be at one of the Bavarian State Universities (universities, universities of applied sciences and art universities), or church universities. The scholarship program will start at 1 October 2015.
Your application documents must be via regular mail at BAYHOST, UNIVERSITATSTR. 31, 93053 REGENSBURG DEUTSCHLAND.
You need to provide the following documents:
- An online application form (It is only in German and does not need to be printed and sent by post);
- A letter of motivation (1-2 pages);
- Proof of your German language skills through authenticated copy ( this is not necessary if your studies will be conducted in English);
- An authenticated copy along with and authenticated English or German version of your university diploma (in case you will finish your studies until July 2015 please provide confirmation from your University that you are registered for your final exams and that you are expected to graduate successfully by 31 July 2015);
- Proof of nationality (copy of your passport or ID);
- Letter of endorsement from a Professor of a Bavarian University or academy. This is an informal letter in which a Bavarian professor confirms that he will supervise you and gives you an academic support in case you would be admitted to the respective study program;
- A tabular CV in German or English with a recent passport photo;
- For postgraduate dissertations: a two paged outline and a time schedule of your entire research project.
The official website