Deadline: until suitable candidate is found
Open to: international journalists who speak Arabic and English
Salary: the monthly salary, accommodation and travel expenses will be discussed between the successful applicant and RFE/RL
Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) is an international broadcast organization based in Washington, D.C. and Prague, Czech Republic. RFE/RL’s programs- via radio, the Internet, and television and their programs are reaching influential people in 21 countries. They are currently looking for Journalist for their Arabic Language Service, Radio Free Iraq, to initiate, prepare, develop, produce, and deliver wide variety of journalistic material on multiple platforms (radio, TV, online, social media, printed) as assigned, relevant to the target audience and to RFE/RL mission, while adhering and striving to exceed RFE/RL content quality standards. RFE/RL jobs are versatile and cover wide range of tasks and activities.
The journalist position is open to internationals who are speaking Arabic and English. However, you also need to fulfill the following requirements:
- Professional fluency in Arabic (at native level) and English;
- Demonstrated writing and analytical skills with broad knowledge of political, economic, and social structures of Iraq and surrounding regions, as well as strong general knowledge of international affairs;
- Minimum of 4 years journalism experience, preferably in broadcast medium;
- Recent knowledge and experience of either having worked in Iraq or having worked on Iraqi issues is a strong plus;
- Demonstrated strong commitment to journalistic integrity and objectivity;
- Knowledge and practical experience of radio and/or TV broadcasting practices and techniques, multimedia, and on-line experience is highly desired;
- Willingness and ability to learn and to work with audio and video equipment, word processing tools, information research tools and new technologies and media platforms;
- A university degree in journalism, international relations, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience in one of these disciplines;
- Proven ability to function effectively with people from widely different national and cultural backgrounds;
- Ability to read and understand other languages spoken in Iraq and other RFE/RL’s broadcast regions would be a plus.
The monthly salary, accommodation and travel expenses will be discussed with the successful applicant and RFE/RL. This position will be based in Prague, Czech Republic.
You can submit your application through APPLY NOW option of the official webpage by providing personal information, CV and cover letter. This position will remain open until best-qualified candidate is selected. Due to the high volume of applications sent, you are to be contacted only if selected for an interview.