Deadline: 5 October 2014
Open to: university degree and experience in the field
Remuneration: commensurate with experience
Open Society Institute–Budapest offers two positions of the program coordinator, responsible for coordination, implementation, and monitoring of the Roma Initiatives Office’s programming. The program coordinator will closely work with and under supervision of the senior program manager, who is responsible for overall performance and strategy.
The two programmes are:
1. Zoralipe grantmaking operations – supports the institutional growth of Roma organizations in terms of their efficiency, impact, credibility, and public recognition in the following countries: Albania, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, and Turkey.
The Program Coordinator should:
- Develop calls for applications and coordinate review processes;
- Review project proposals and reports, and coordinate with other entities in the Open Society network, partners, and different formal and informal groups of former grantees;
- Maintain database that will provide information for assessing results of processes for Barvalipe support;
- Conduct, monitor activities through review of narrative and financial reports, provide feedback and other communication with grantees;
- Contribute to the implementation plans, budget plans, and spending reports;
- Coordinate meetings, workshops, convening events, field visits among partners, grantees, and experts for learning, exchange, and advocacy-related purposes.
2. Barvalipe grantmaking operations – supports Roma graduates with the emergence of a confident new generation of Roma advocates in the following countries: Albania, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, France, Hungary, Italy, Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Spain, and Turkey.
The Program Coordinator:
- Coordinates grantmaking and other activities;
- Review institutional support proposals and reports and coordinates reviews with other relevant network programs and partner institutions;
- Process institutional development grants within the grant management systems and work on grants achieving (draft/edit correspondence and memoranda, letters to grant applicants, grant documentation, and dockets, etc.);
- Monitor institutional support grants through review of narrative and financial reports, provide feedback and other communication with grantees;
- Coordinate meetings, workshops, convening events, and field visits among partners, grantees, and experts for learning, exchange, and other related purposes;
- Implement plans, budget plans and spending reports;
- Provide input in the design and Implementation of organizational assessments with organizations;
- Support organizations through technical assistance.
University degree and an experience in the field is required.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package.
Email your CV and cover letter, detailing salary requirements, by 5 October 2014, to: [email protected]. Include job reference in the subject heading for Zoralipe Program Coordinator ZROMAPC/ for Barvalipe Program Coordinator BROMAPC.