Deadline: 26 October 2014 (extended deadline)
Open to: young journalists from Macedonia
Venue: Skopje, Macedonia in the period from October 2014 to April 2015
Analytica is calling for participants for the project “Training Course on the Security Sector for the Media” with an aim to support and develop more informed and balanced reporting on Macedonia’s security sector through a series of awareness-raising and capacity-building activities. The subjects that are going to be discussed are:
- Introduction in the Macedonian security sector;
- Journalistic research methodology;
- Supervising the security sector;
- Reforms in security sector in Macedonia;
- Security sector institutional budget;
- International security.
In parallel to the trainings, Analytica will launch a blog as an online platform where participants will write media articles related with security and over time should evolve into a unique virtual place for posting news stories on topics that affect the security of the regular citizen of Macedonia as well as getting information about international security phenomena. The blog would enrich Macedonia’s media space and have long positive effect towards information sharing and keeping the public up to date with relevant information.
You can be participant of the project if you are:
- Journalist student, recent graduate or young journalist;
- Have interests in security questions;
- Good knowledge in English;
- Consistency in your participation in the project;
- Readiness in writing stories with the team of Analytica
There is no participation fee for entering the training course. The training will take place once per month in the period of October 2014 to April 2015. After completion, participants are to receive certificate for participation in the project.
Interested candidates should send their CV and motivational letter to: [email protected]
The deadline has been extended to 26 October, 2014.