Deadline: 12 November 2014
Open to: highly qualified professionals under 40 from Asian countries where The Asia Foundation has programs
Fellowship: an award of up to $5,000, airfares and local transportation, lodging and meals, visa fees, and health insurance
The Asia Foundation is a nonprofit international development organization committed to improving lives across a dynamic and developing Asia. Internationally recognized the Foundation brings together local individuals, communities, and governments who are shaping Asia’s future. The Foundation is now calling for applications for their Fellowship Program.
The Asia Foundation Development Fellows: Emerging Leadership for Asia’s Future program provides highly qualified, young professionals from Asia with an unparalleled opportunity to strengthen their leadership skills and gain in-depth knowledge of Asia’s critical development challenges. The year-long professional advancement program is designed to be a multifaceted experience, involving intensive learning modules – short courses, conferences, and study tours in Asia and the U.S. – to enhance leadership skills, Asian development knowledge, professional networks, and international exposure.
In order to be eligible candidates must:
- Be resident nationals or citizens of the following countries where The Asia Foundation has programs: Afghanistan; Bangladesh; Cambodia; China; India; Indonesia; Japan; Korea; Laos; Malaysia; Mongolia; Myanmar; Nepal; Pakistan; Philippines; Singapore; Sri Lanka; Thailand; Timor-Leste; and, Vietnam;
- Be under 40 years of age by the time of selection: January 1, 2015;
- Have a demonstrable record of high achievement, and must show evidence of outstanding potential for professional advancement, and significant impact in their chosen field;
- Have a demonstrable record of experience and accomplishment related to The Asia Foundation’s fields of expertise – governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation;
- Have outstanding personal character and integrity;
- Be thoughtful, committed, respected and inspirational leaders within their professional fields and within their larger community;
- Be conversant in English;
- Be available and able to participate in all program components on the program dates specified.
All program expenses are covered, including costs for coursework and programming, airfares and local transportation, lodging and meals, visa fees, and health and accident insurance. Besides fellows will receive a Professional Development Award of up to US$5,000 for their own personalized professional development plan.
In preparation for the application process, please secure the following: your passport information, an electronic copy of your unofficial transcript, an electronic version of your CV and a video recording device such as a cellphone, webcam, or digital camera.
The application must be completed online HERE and consists of the following documents:
- Personal information;
- Written submission;
- Supplementary materials: CV and transcript;
- Video submission;
- Two letters of reference.
The deadline to apply is 12 November 2014.
For further information please visit the official website.