Deadline: 10 November 2014
Open to: international undergraduate and graduate students with a background in space sciences, environment, culture, sciences or arts
Remuneration: monetary honorarium
Indian Astrobiology Research Centre, established in 2006, is India’s premiere autonomous body that conducts and encourages research in space sciences, in particular, astrobiology. IARC is listed as a Major Group Organization with United Nations.
IARC offers opportunities primarily related to education and outreach initiatives and is currently looking for interns for a virtual externship that will last between 4 and 6 months. Expected commitment will be 6 hours a week on average. The roles involve various activities that generally go in end-to-end conceptualization and execution of national and international outreach programs, academic initiatives and on-ground activities related to space sciences, environment as well as science and culture.
The selected candidates will work on the following during the internship:
- Participate proactively in conceptualization process (involves researching and analyzing events, programs and initiatives relevant to Space Sciences);
- Create Presentations and Infographics;
- Research and Create customized content for Outreach Programs.
In order to be eligible for the internship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be an undergraduate or graduate student with a background in space sciences, environment, culture, sciences or arts;
- Be self-disciplined and self-motivated;
- Have leadership skills;
- Be fluent in spoken and written English (knowledge of Indian/foreign languages is desirable);
- Have excellent internet skills;
- Have graphic design and social media skills;
- Have research (web-based) and content creation skills.
During the internship a monetary honorarium will be offered. Besides you will have the opportunity to learn about new platforms and you will be highlighted on IARC social platforms and Websites. On successful completion of the internship special medals will be awarded.
Interested candidates must send an email to: email@example.com with the subject line “Externship Application”. In the email you should include your contact details, key skills and statement of purpose, explaining what inspires you to apply for the internship.
The deadline to apply is 10 November 2014.
For further information please visit the official website.