Deadline: 6 November 2014
Open to: candidates with a university degree and experience in human rights
Remuneration: EUR 4,950 – EUR 5,300/month
The Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (ODIHR) in Warsaw, Poland is the principal institution of the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) responsible for the human dimension. The ODIHR is active throughout the OSCE area in the fields of election observation, democratic development, human rights, tolerance and non-discrimination, and the rule of law.
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Head, Human Rights Department, the successful candidate will be tasked with:
- Identifying, developing and implementing capacity building programmatic activities and projects on key human rights areas of concern;
- Ensuring contact and co-operation with, and providing advice to, government officials and institutions of participating States;
- Monitoring and analyzing the implementation of OSCE Human Dimension commitments related to human rights and fundamental freedoms;
- Providing advice and recommendations, and preparing general and issue-specific reports and/or other background materials, for the ODIHR management on incidents, priority issues and situations related to human rights;
- Responding to requests to the ODIHR on information regarding the implementation of OSCE Human Dimension commitments;
- Participating in human rights field assessment missions, including in situations of heightened risk, as required;
- Performing other related duties as required.
- University degree in law, political science, international relations, or social sciences, with a specialization in human rights; possession of an advanced university degree in a related field is desirable;
- A minimum of six years of progressively responsible and relevant professional experience in the field of human rights, including experience at the international level and preferably in an advisory function;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; knowledge of Russian is desirable
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions as well as monthly changes of the post adjustment multiplier and exchange rate, is approximately EUR 4,950 (single rate) and approximately EUR 5,300 (dependency rate). OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation in Poland.
Application deadline is 6 November 2014. Applications are being submitted online HERE.
For further information read the official call HERE.