Deadline: 28 November 2014
Open to: fashion designers, fluent in English and able to coach and train other people with no/few technical or professional skills in fashion and design
Remuneration: 10,000 – 15,000 BHT (300 US dollars)
Empow’Her, a French NGO that aims to empower women in partnership with local NGOs situated in developing countries is currently looking for a fashion designer to join their team for a 2-month project in Bangkok, which consists in launching a social enterprise to empower women, who would produce and sell original handicrafts. The project, consists in creating a social enterprise to empower women and contribute to the association’s financial sustainability. We are looking for a creative person who could contribute to the launching and development of this ambitious project. You will be working with a small international team of professionals specialised in business planning, marketing and product development.
The perfect candidate is a person who is looking for a challenging experience and who:
- has technical skills in fashion and design and can speak English (fluently);
- is able to coach and train other people with no/few technical or professional skills in fashion and design;
- can understand client capabilities, market context and human insights;
- is curious, able to inspire and to be innovative;
- is passionate about social issues and wants to help women in difficulties.
During the 2 mounts spell in Bangkok you will get
- Financial compensation of 10,000 – 15,000 BHT (minimum of 300 US dollars) depending on the candidate’s professional experience;
- Use your name (“Designed by”) on all the products, marketing and communication materials.
Deadline for application is 28 November 2014