Deadline: 1 December 2014
Open to: students or graduates with previous journalism experience
Remuneration: paid internship
Reuters offers talented students and graduates with a strong interest in journalism an opportunity to learn at the world’s largest international multimedia news agency. Interns will work in a fast-paced newsroom with some of Reuter’s most experienced journalists.
Reuters is now calling for applications for their Summer Internship Program. The internships last for 10 weeks and will begin in June 2015. Most internships will be available in New York City and Washington but opportunities may also exist in Toronto, Mexico City and Sao Paulo, as well as our other U.S. offices.
The internships are a crash course in hands-on business, political and general news reporting. Interns will receive formal training before they start work. Every intern will report to a senior editor and be assigned a journalist mentor who will provide advice and guidance. They are expected to write regularly and deliver in-depth stories during their assignment.
In order to be eligible for the internship you must meet the following criteria:
- Have completed at least two years of university;
- Have a strong background in journalism, economics, business, law, accounting, languages or computer science;
- Have prior journalism experience;
- Have good mathematics and data skills;
- Be fluent in English and possess excellent writing and communication skills;
- Be passionate about news and be a quick learner.
The internships are paid although the salary is not specified.
Interested candidates should apply online HERE.
The deadline to apply is 1 December 2014.
For further information please visit the official call.