Deadline: 16 January 2015
Open to: government officials from 40 developing countries
Scholarship: housing, living costs, travel costs, tuition waiver
The United Nations University – Maastricht Economic and social Research institute on Innovation and Technology (UNU-MERIT) is a joint research and training institute of United Nations University and Maastricht University, based in the south of the Netherlands. The Migration Management Diploma Programme (MMDP) by UNU-MERIT is a three-month course designed for practitioners and civil servants working in the field of migration and/or asylum.
The programme includes three different courses:
- Migration management and protection
- Migration and development
- Migration Policy.
Classes within MMDP are provided by world renowned scholars and practitioners. Moreover the MMDP aims to provide a platform for networking through field trips across Europe including a tour of Dutch Ministries in The Hague, EU institutions in Brussels, the UN and other intergovernmental agencies in Geneva, and Schiphol airport. The course begins on 1 April 2015 and ends on 26 June 2015.
MMDP is sponsored by the Dutch ministry of Foreign Affairs, which offers 10 MMDP-scholarships per year to government officials from 40 developing countries.
The scholarship programme is available to government officials, with a minimum of three years’ work experience in the field of migration and/or asylum, from the following countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Burundi, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, China, D.R.Congo, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Georgia, Ghana, Guinea-Conakry, India, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Nepal, Nigeria, Occupied Palestinian Territories, Pakistan, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Syria, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Yemen.
- a monthly sum to pay housing and living costs for a maximum of three months;
- an economy class return ticket and visa costs;
- a lump sum for excursions;
- a tuition fee waiver.
Application deadline is 16 January 2015. Register online HERE.
Then submit the following documents to: [email protected]:
- a recent CV explicitly outlining work experience in the field of asylum and migration;
- a passport copy and a passport-size picture;
- a proof of proficiency in English (IELTS / TOEFL);
- two reference letters, from current or former employers and/or professors;
- copies of degree(s) and lists of grades;
- a motivation letter which explains why the applicant chose this programme and which convinces the Board of Admissions that he or she will complete the programme successfully.
To be eligible for this scholarship, participants must:
- provide evidence that they have been working for a government department of an eligible country, in the field of asylum and/or migration, for at least three years;
- obtain support from their employers, in the form of a letter stating that they will still be employed and paid for the duration of the programme.
For further information visit the official website HERE.