Deadline: 06 March 2015
Open to: students in law or economics from Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Macedonia and Montenegro
Benefits: EUR 420 per month, accommodation, language course, tuition waiver
Based on the success of the programme since 2008 Steiermärkische Sparkasse Bank in cooperation with the University of Graz again announces the program “Best of South-East”, aiming at the advancement and further education program for talented and dedicated graduates und students in and from Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro and Macedonia.
The program’s aim is to provide the target groups mentioned above with international work experience as well as training and further education opportunities. Furthermore, a trainee program or internship makes it easier for students to enter professional life.
- Graduates participating in the “Best of South-East” trainee program will also be given the possibility of extending their language skills in addition to their one-year training in the Steiermärkische Sparkasse Bank or in another Styrian business as well as attending the selected courses. The last month of the trainee program will be completed at one of its locations in South-Eastern Europe. Trainees selected for the program must complete a minimum of 16 ECTS / academic year at the University of Graz.
- Students participating in the “Best of South-East” internship program are in the last third of their studies and will be given the opportunity during the one-year stay in Graz of taking courses relevant for completing their studies at their home university. The two-month internship in the summer after the end of the academic year gets the participants strongly involved in the daily business of the Steiermärkische Sparkasse Bank at one of its locations in Styria or at one of its locations in South-Eastern Europe. Internship candidates selected for the program must complete a minimum of 30 ECTS / academic year at the University of Graz.
- Students still enrolled at bachelor level at the time of application (i.e. 06.03.2015), can only apply for the internship program;
- Students enrolled in a diploma program (i.e. program not in line with the Bologna system, comprising bachelor and master level in one program) who are already in the second part of their studies (4th or 5th year), can apply for the trainee program.
Note though that in case of selection, enrollment at the University of Graz will be at bachelor level.
- Graduates having completed the bachelor level by the time of application (i.e. 06.03.2015) or already registered in a master program are eligible for the trainee as well as the internship program.
Interested parties have to meet also the following minimum requirements:
- Very good command of English and good command of German;
- Native tongue: Slovenian, Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian, Montenegrin or Macedonian;
- Degree in economics or law with very good marks;
- Dedication, strong communications skills, flexibility, analytical and practical economic thinking.
The total amount of financial aid per year and participant is a maximum of EUR 10,000 and specifically consists of the following services:
- Provision of accommodation in one of the dormitories in Graz (single rooms);
- EUR 420 spending money per month;
- Intensive language course or semester language course at the “Treffpunkt Sprachen” language center of the University of Graz;
- Registration at the University of Graz;
- Tuition waiver for the University of Graz;
- Various networking events throughout the year.
Applying for the program is a two-step process:
- Online application;
- Sending the documents via surface mail.
To receive the Code for the Online application contact [email protected] and in your email provide the following information:
- First and last name (according to your passport);
- Name of home university in national language and in English;
- Level and area of study you are currently enrolled in; for alumni: last degree completed;
- In case you have already studied at an Austrian university in the past, mention when and at which university and also provide your student ID number (Matrikelnummer);
Also there you will be provided with the information on what address you need to send your documents.