Deadline: 2 March, 2015
Open to: legal entities from Sub-Saharan African countries
Grants: The call budget is 15M euros and no. of grants available is 4 to 8
The European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) is currently accepting proposals from Sub Saharan Africa to diagnose tools for poverty related diseases. The purpose of this call is to provide funding to projects focusing on validation of the clinical performance and/or implementation of new or improved diagnostic tools and technologies for detection of any of the poverty-related diseases (PRDs) and neglected infectious diseases (NIDs).
Through this programme, the EDCTP aims to accelerate the development of new or improved drugs, vaccines, micro-bicides and diagnostics against HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, as well as other poverty-related and neglected infectious diseases in sub-Saharan Africa, with a focus on clinical trials.
Applications will be supported from legal entities in the following Sub-Saharan African countries: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome & Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Applicants should also:
- Before applying, be registered under EDCTP grants system;
- Proposals must be between 36 and 60 months duration allowing this specific challenge (PRDs) to be addressed appropriately;
- All participants in the project must sign a consortium agreement prior to the conclusion of the EDCTP2 grant agreement;
- Consortia can be comprised of a minimum of three different legal entities independent of each other. (Two of the legal entities must be established in two different European Participating States of the EDCTP Association* and one of the legal entities must be established in a sub-Saharan African country).
*So far, the following 13 European Participating States have joined the EDCTP Association as members: Austria, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
The call budget is 15M Euros and the number of grants available is 4 to 8.
How to Apply?
This is a two-stage application procedure comprising the following steps:
- First stage: A letter of intent must be submitted by the applicants before the deadline of 2 March, 2015. The evaluation results for the first stage will be available by 30 April 2015.
- Second stage: Successful applicants in the first stage will be invited to submit a full proposal by 7 July 2015. The evaluation results for the second stage will be available by 30 September 2015.
For more information please see the official webpage.