Deadline: 31 January, 2015
Open to: candidates with university degree in social sciences, psychology, law, management or other, with citizenship of Macedonia
Remuneration: EUR 500 for Project Coordinator, EUR 600 for Project Manager
Forum Civil Peace Service (forumZFD) is a German civil society organisation that is active in the field of peace building, dealing with the past and enhancing a culture of peace and nonviolence. For its office in Skopje, forumZFD is seeking a full-time 1 project coordinator and 1 Project Manager, for supporting the implementation of activities of forumZFD in Macedonia and the Western Balkans. The main field of activity of forumZFD in Macedonia is dealing with the past (DwP), peace education and community consulting / mediation. The project coordinator and project manager will be part of the Skopje office team of forumZFD, implementing activities in one or more of the above named fields in close cooperation with local partners in Macedonia. The duration of the employment contract is limited to December 2016. A contract extension is possible if further funding of the position will be secured.
- Educated to university degree level in a relevant discipline such as social sciences, psychology, law, management or other;
- Proven experience in working with or implementing projects for civil society organizations, preferably peacebuilding NGOs, and a general understanding of the concepts of peacebuilding and dealing with the past;
- Good knowledge of the political and social environment in Macedonia and the Western Balkans, with a good understanding of the challenges regarding implementation of activities, if possible in the above mentioned working fields in Macedonia and the region;
- Basic knowledge and skills in public relations / journalism as well as abilities to be outspoken and articulate in public;
- High proficiency in application of office software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Very good English and Macedonian written and oral communications skills, Albanian could be an asset.
- Citizenship of Macedonia;
- Driver’s licence and driving experience;
For the post of Project Manager these additional skills are required:
- Implementing activities in terms of project content, logistics, financial administration, various forms of organizational support;
- Have primary responsibilities for subareas of a content, technical or financial nature;
- Proven experience in managing independently project budget and ability to understand and handle financial processes;
- Basic knowledge of understanding basic principles, rules and regulations of accountancy;
- Proven experience in leading projects in regional level and managing secondary personal responsibilities (coordination and allocation of the work).
Starting salary for the post of the Project coordinator: 500 eur. NET
Starting salary for the post of the Project Manager: 600 eur. NET
Interested applicants need to send their CV and short motivational letter in English to: [email protected]