Deadline: 21 March 2015
Open to: women aged 25-35 from Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Libya, Egypt, Jordan, Palestine, Lebanon, Syria and Turkey
Venue: 1-15 June 2015 in Paris and Brussels
WoMED is the acronym for Women of the Mediterranean: next generation of leaders, a new training program created by Sciences Po to support and guide high-potential young Mediterranean women in their professional and personal fulfillment. The first edition of WoMED training will be held in Paris and Brussels from June 1st to June 15th 2015 gathering 22 women for Mediterranean countries. They will have access to Sciences Po’s scientific and academic know-how and will be given the chance to meet high level senior representatives of the French and European public scene. Training will include modules on law, leadership, management and gender, and conflict resolution specifically designed for the program. The women empowered through the program will become advocates for the advancement and promotion of gender equality in their own countries and professional sectors.
WoMED Trainees must meet the following criteria:
- Be between 25-35 years old;
- Be a national of Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Libya, Egypt, Jordan, Palestine, Lebanon, Syria, Turkey;
- Be an agent of change: entrepreneurs, CEO, COO, founders of ecommerce platforms, artists, musicians, dancers, film makers, researchers, politicians, humanitarian or civil/women rights activists.
- Have a commitment to return to their country of origin and utilize their new skills and know-how to spread the culture of equality and fight for gender parity.
The following expenses will be covered by the organizers:
- Travel fare for one person (round trip to Paris)
- Accommodation and lunches
- Training materials (documentation, articles and papers for the training week)
- Travel expenses to Brussels
- Visa fees
In order to apply candidates must send the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae (in English or French).
- Cover letter (Word/PDF format, up to two pages) in which the candidate will indicate the benefits she would acquire from the training and how she would consider applying her new skills in her professional careers.
- Two recommendation letters.
All documents must be submitted to: [email protected] under the subject “WoMED Application FORM 2015”.
The deadline for applications is 21 March 2015.
For any enquiries please contact: [email protected]