Deadline: 30 April 2015
Open to: Young writers aged under 35 from Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia and Ukraine
Fellowship: cash award in amount of EUR 5000 for three months stay in any of the Central European Initiative Member States
The CEI Fellowship for Writers in Residence is an award aimed at encouraging cross-border cooperation and promotion in the field of literature. During the fellowship term of three months the fellowship winner will be guest of the 30th Vilenica International Literary Festival which will take place from 2 to 6 September 2015 at various locations in Slovenia. The winner will have right to choose to stay in any Central European Initiative Member States. The candidate is eligible for the fellowship from 2 September 2015 until 2 September 2016. The CEI Fellowship is awarded by Central European Initiative in co-operation with the Slovene Writers’ Association within Vilenica International Literary Festival.
CEI Fellowship is open to young writers under 35 from Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia and Ukraine.
The fellow will receive stipend of EUR 5,000 for a three-months stay in any of the Central European Initiative Member States, selected by the candidate.
The application must include the following documents:
- A filled in registration form;
- A biography of the applicant in English (max. 1800 characters without spaces);
- Copy of a valid ID or passport with the visible date and place of birth, and the citizenship of the applicant;
- A bibliography of the applicant in English (max. 3600 characters without spaces);
- A description in English of the project to be undertaken during the three-month residence (2000 – 4500 characters without spaces). The project must be a literary work (all genres and themes), not a research project;
- One original signed letter of recommendation in English (max. 1800 characters without spaces, letters without the original signature will not be considered)
All this documents should be send by mail to:Slovene Writers’ Association (Writer in Residence) Tomšičeva 12 SI-1000 Ljubljana Slovenia
The deadline for applying is 30 April 2015.
For any questions contact Ms Nana Vogrin no later than 14 days before the deadline:[email protected] Fax: 00386 1 42 16 430 Tel: 00386 1 25 14 144 Opening hours: Monday, Wednesday: 10.00 to 13.00