Deadline: 8 March 2015
Open to: youth workers, trainers, facilitators from Cyprus, Czech Republic, Ireland, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic, Sweden, United Kingdom
Venue: 15-23 May 2015 in Cascais/Praia Grande, Portugal
“Vida+Viva” is organizing the training course “Special Effects” that will take place from 15-23 May 2015 in Cascais, Portugal. This innovative 8-day training is intended for trainers, youth workers, facilitators who like to work in connection with nature, who want to develop their facilitation competences and add some special effects to their trainer’s body, mind, heart and spirit through nature based methods.
The objectives of the training are:
- To develop skills and get knowledge related to providing effective youth work and training activities with special emphasis on nature-based and community-based approaches.
- To experience topics relevant to the course in a variety of interactive methods and participant-centred learning processes, such as Way of Council, Open Space, Threshold walk, reflection time and guided time in nature.
- To challenge some of the current clichés in the field of non formal education through examples and reflections on how concepts such as nature, open communication, spirituality, ceremonies and rites of passage can be included in contemporary educational and experiential activities.
- To create a social experience of community through sharing living and working spaces, participating in common tasks and daily practices, and to valorise this as an opportunity for learning and personal and social growth.
- To practise themes of the course in workshops with school youngsters and to reflect on this experience.
The training course is open to youth workers, trainers, facilitators from Cyprus, Czech Republic, Ireland, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic, Sweden, or United Kingdom. They should meet the following requirements:
- interested in improving their training / youth work skills;
- interested in nature-based methods and challenges connected with it;
- ready to actively participate in the whole training and to contribute;
- able to work and communicate in English;
- able to use the acquired skills in future activities.
Travel costs, accommodation and food will be covered. There is a participation fee ranging from 30-100€ according with your financial possibilities.
Interested candidates should apply online HERE.
The deadline is 8 March 2015.
For any enquiries please contact: [email protected].