Deadline: as soon as possible
Open to: candidates with experience in fundraising and project development
Remuneration: not specified
IDEA Central Asia is seeking to appoint a Fundraising Manager. This is a new and challenging position in which the function needs to be developed from the ground up. Reporting to the Executive Director of IDEA Central Asia (based in Bishkek), the Fundraising Manager will be responsible for shaping and leading the fundraising activities of IDEA Central Asia.
The International Debate Education Association (IDEA) is a global network of organizations that value debate as a way to give young people a voice. The IDEA Network is composed of entities located in the Netherlands (established in 1999), the United States (2001), the United Kingdom (2011), Belgium (2011), Macedonia (2012), Mexico (2012), Kyrgyzstan (2013) and Tunisia (2014).
IDEA is the world’s leading provider of debate education, providing resources, training and events to educators and young people. IDEA works with schools and universities, debate organisations and community groups and partners with foundations, NGOs, businesses, and governments.
IDEA believes that debate promotes mutual understanding and informed citizenship around the world and that its work with young people leads to increased critical thinking and tolerance, enhanced cultural exchange and greater academic excellence.
Areas of responsibility and tasks:
- Direct responsibility for fundraising on behalf of IDEA CA;
- Develop an organisation-wide fundraising strategy and workplans;
- Develop a core list of potential donors;
- Establish and maintain good business relationships with existing and potential donors; pro-actively identify all opportunities for devising programmes that meet donors’ needs;
- Network; yet more networking; even more networking;
- Together with the Media Coordinator, develop promotional and explanatory materials for prospective donors;
- Respond to calls for proposals for specific programmes;
- Keep the organisation up-to-date on changing donor priorities and ensure that new funding opportunities are identified;
- Represent IDEA CA at meetings with donors and external events;
- Other tasks as requested by the Executive Director.
Requirements and qualifications
- Masters degree or equivalent;
- Extensive relevant experience in the field of fundraising and project development;
- Interest in the youth work and informal education;
- Documented successful fundraising experience;
- A broad network in IDEA CA main countries of focus (Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan and Tajikistan) and beyond relevant for our field of work;
- Good knowledge of and experience with the work of civil society organizations in Central Asia;
- Strong native or near-native English language written and oral skills; Russian and/or other regional languages- desirable;
- Excellent communication skills (listening, oral, written);excellent planning and organisational skills; ability to multi-task and prioritize;excellent analytical and research skills;excellent interpersonal skills;
- Experience in drafting budgets for proposals;
- Self-starter; able to work independently; willingness to learn new skills and to adapt to new assignments rapidly; strong team player;ability to cultivate contacts and develop networks.
How to apply:
Applications should be sent by e-mail to [email protected] and should consist of comprehensive covering letter explaining why you feel you are qualified, explaining your qualifications and visions for the job and an attached detailed CV with names and contact details of two references from recently held positions. (Please provide both in English).
Apply as soon as possible! Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.