Deadline: 25 February 2015
Open to: internationals with bachelor’s degree in human rights, international relations, social science, or a related field and possess current German work authorization valid for a minimum of two years from start date.
Benefits: undisclosed monthly salary
Human Rights Watch (“HRW”) is seeking an Associate to provide critical administrative assistance to its Europe and Central Asia (“ECA”) Division. This position reports to the London-based Deputy Director in the ECA Division and supports the Berlin-based Director and other members of the ECA Division. HRW anticipates that the successful candidate will take up this position in April 2015.
- A bachelor’s degree in human rights, international relations, social science, or a related field is required.
- A minimum of one year of relevant work experience is required.
- Prior office/administration experience and strong organizational skills are required;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required; proficiency in other European languages, in particular German and Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian, is desirable;
- Strong interpersonal skills are required;
- Ability to work well under pressure while juggling multiple tasks simultaneously is required;
- Ability to make sound decisions consistent with functions is required;
- Ability to prioritize with minimal supervision and work independently as well as function as a member of a team with staff in multiple locations globally is required;
- Proficiency in computer packages including MS Office applications is required;
- Strong interest in international human rights is preferred.
- Applicants for this position must possess current German work authorization valid for a minimum of two years from start date.
Human Rights Watch offers comprehensive compensation and employer-paid benefits.
To apply you need to submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, a brief writing sample (unedited by others), and contact information for three references to [email protected]. Use “Associate Ref ECA-15-1010-EB” as the subject of your email.