Deadline: 1 May 2015
Open to: graduates students of political science, law and international relations from universities in OSCE countries
Remuneration: stipend of €564 per month plus accommodation
The OSCE Parliamentary Assembly International Secretariat regularly engages eight or nine graduate students of political science, law and international relations from universities in OSCE countries as Research Fellows. Students will join the International Secretariat during six months in order to gain practical experience in the field of international affairs, and the Assembly, in turn, benefits from increased language capacity as well as a strong research capacity.
- To conduct substantive research on various projects for the Assembly and to provide assistance to its officials and staff members.
- To prepare briefing reports for parliamentary delegations, including for election observation missions and official visits by Parliamentary Assembly Members.
- To assist in the planning and execution of meetings of the Assembly, work with Assembly Committees, follow the work of OSCE Field Missions, and assist in the drafting of various Assembly reports.
- To help draft speeches and statements and write papers on special projects undertaken by the Assembly’s Secretariat.
- To assist with day-to-day practical work in the office such as copying, filing and other necessary chores.
The Secretariat mainly recruits graduate students between the ages of 21 and 26 with strong research and writing abilities and a solid academic background. Specific interests in the politics of the OSCE region, and particularly the former Soviet Union, are desirable. Excellent written and spoken English is required as this is the working language, and one other official OSCE language (French, German, Italian, Russian or Spanish) is desirable. Computer skills for word-processing and research are also necessary.
Research Fellows receive a small stipend of 564 Euros per month, which covers minimum living expenses in Copenhagen or Vienna. Besides accommodation is provided.
In order to apply you should submit the following documents:
- Application form;
- A short cover letter;
- A curriculum vitae;
- A transcript of grades;
- Two letters of recommendation;
- A recent photograph.
Completed applications must be submitted to:
Assistant to the Secretary General
OSCE Parliamentary Assembly
1055 Copenhagen K, Denmark
Tel.: +45 33 37 80 40
Fax: +45 33 37 80 30
E-mail: [email protected]
Applications are accepted at any time of year, but the deadline for the Autumn intake is 1 May of each year, and 1 October for the Spring intake.
For further information please visit the official call.