Deadline: 18 March 2015
Open to: candidates with at least three years of experience in project or event management bilingual in English and French
Remuneration: full-time contract with flexible working hours
International Network for Contemporary Performing Arts (IETM) is a membership organisation which exists to stimulate the quality, development and contexts of contemporary performing arts in a global environment. It aims at proving the value of the performing arts in society by initiating and facilitating professional networking and communication, the dynamic exchange of information, know-how transfer and presentations of examples of good practice. Now, the Secretariat of one of Europe’s largest cultural networks is looking for a Project Manager willing to put all of his/her expertise and creative thoughts into practice in order to serve the network and its more than 450 members and help to strengthen the position of the contemporary performing arts.
The tasks of the Project Manager will include:
- To produce IETM meeting opportunities – both live and digitally – in collaboration with the Secretary General (SG) and in accordance with the network vision and strategy;
- To develop meeting programs in close collaboration with international partners and the SG, including the concept design, content development, contacting speakers and moderators, and supervising of evaluation and follow-up;
- To take responsibility for the production and the logistics of the meetings;
- To build relations with future partners, with local governments, embassies and funders as required, and to fundraise in collaboration with the SG;
- To be a accurate project manager: producing project descriptions and budgets; executing budget control, reporting on activities and finances as well as devising and maintaining effective systems of record-keeping and documentation.
The dynamic team is looking for a born networker that will connect arts professionals across the globe, share IETM values and vision with all stakeholders, lending an open ear to the members’ feedback.
Desired competences and experience:
- At least three years of experience in project/event management;
- Background in the contemporary performing arts;
- Strong network in the cultural sector;
- Awareness of global politics and social trends;
- Outstanding networking skills;
- Diplomatic and intercultural communication skills;
- Fluency in French and English;
- Creativity, sense of humor and ability to work in a team;
- Experience in digital community management is an asset.
The organization offers a full-time contract (38 hours a week). Working hours are flexible. The post is based in Brussels, but implies regular travelling, also during the weekends.
How to apply?
Please send your motivation letter and CV until 18 March 2015 to the Secretary General, Nan van Houte, at [email protected].
Interviews will be scheduled in the beginning of April. The candidate of our choice will be invited to the next IETM Plenary Meeting in Bergamo, Italy, 23-26 April 2015. In addition, the selected candidate is expected to start in August 2015.