Deadline: 31 March 2015
Open to: international students older than 21
Scholarship: allowance, accommodation, tuition fee waiver, health insurance, transportation and Turkish language course are provided
Türkiye Scholarships is a government funded higher education scholarship program which is designed for international students. The program does not include the foreign students who are studying in Turkey through the EU projects, the reciprocal agreements and the university scholarships. Grants are offered for undergraduate, graduate, PhD and research level. The accepted students will be placed in a university and program of their choice when they are granted the scholarship, therefore, they do not have to apply directly to the universities before applying for the scholarship programme. Check the full list of scholarships offered.
Please note that in Turkish universities the medium of education is generally in Turkish. However, some departments and universities offer programs in foreign languages such as English, French and German. The candidates who want to study in foreign languages need to have an internationally recognized certificate to prove their language proficiency. The certificate should be valid and must be uploaded to the system during the application. The candidates are not required to know Turkish for the application. The Scholarships also includes a Turkish language education for the candidates before they start their studies, meaning the students, who are accepted to any program but not have C1 Level Certificate for Turkish Proficiency Test, are given language course for a year.
Who can apply?
Candidates who have graduated or are likely to graduate from an educational institution equivalent to that of Türkiye’s in the present academic (i.e. bachelor’s degree for master’s level) can apply to Türkiye Scholarships.
There is also age condition for candidates required to meet:
- Applicants applying to Undergraduate Degree should be born no earlier than 01.01.1994;
- Applicants applying to Master’s Degree should be born no earlier than 01.01.1985;
- Applicants applying to Ph.D Degree should be born no earlier than 01.01.1980;
- For applicants applying to Research Program: Those who were born no earlier than 01.01.1970.
Applicants shouldn’t have any health problems barrier to education.
Students who are currently studying in Turkey are not allowed to apply to the level that they are already studying. Turkish citizens and persons who lost Turkish citizenship cannot apply for this scholarship program.
Türkiye scholarships consist of these opportunities:
- Allowance: For Undergraduate Students 250 USD per month are provided; for Master’s Students 360 USD per month; for Ph.D. Students 500 USD per month; for Research Scholarships Holders 900 USD per month.
- Accommodation: Türkiye Scholarship students can stay in public university dormitories without paying any fee. Students who do not want to stay in these dormitories can use other housing possibilities on their own expenses.
- Tuition and Fees: Türkiye Scholarship students do not pay any tuition or university fee for education.
- Health Expenses: Türkiye Scholarship students are covered by public health insurance.
- Turkish Language Course: Türkiye Scholarship Students take Turkish language course for one year if they do not have proof of Turkish Language knowledge. Turkiye Scholarship students who study in other languages instead of Turkish must also take Turkish Language Course.
- Transportation: Türkiye Scholarship students will get a certain amount of money for their transportation expenses at their first arrival to Türkiye and departure after graduation from Türkiye.
The selection of candidates is carried out according to academic achievement and interview performance. Türkiye Scholarships is a program based on academic success of the candidates.
Academic criteria of the applicants will be measured according to these documents:
- Diploma Grade;
- General Average Grades Received Until The Last Term;
- University Entrance Exam Grade (if any);
- High School Graduation Exam / Baccalaureate Grade (if any);
- International Test Score (if any);
- Other Academic Assessment Score.
Candidates must have at least:
- For Undergraduate degree applications 70 %
- For Master’s degree and Ph.D. Degree applications 75 %
- For Medical School applications 90 %
weighted grade point average (GPA) over their maximum graduation grade.
Candidates among those who completed the application fully will be invited to interview according to their academic success. Interview information will be delivered by e-mails and online application system. Interviews will be held face to face or via communication tools in the countries where Turkish Consulates or Embassies don’t exist.
Only online application is possible. Please click HERE to apply. Submit your documents until 31 March 2015.