Deadline: 5 June 2015
Open to: participants aged 18-30 from Council of Europe member-states working on projects promoting living-together
Venue: 28-31 October 2015, Nantes, France
In response to this creative abilities of young people in Nantes and Europe-wide, the City of Nantes and Nantes Métropole launched the Nantes Creative Generations (NCG) Forum in 2009. The organizers are convinced that young Europeans and their projects represent the Europe of the future, and they are encouraging and supporting their initiatives.
Today, Nantes Creative Generations is made up of different components, which give young people an opportunity to meet, exchange ideas and to take further steps to reinforce the concept of citizenship and “living together”. It is also a means of recognising their involvement, validating their initiatives in a changing Europe, and fostering the desire to work together.
The Forum of Nantes Creative Generations, which will take place on 28-31 October 2015 in Nantes, France, aims to bring together young people to present their innovative and inspirational projects linked to citizenship.
In addition, this is a forum for dialogue about the realities affecting young people in Europe, and also a time for work and thinking – a genuine melting pot of ideas and cultures. As well as showcasing their own projects, participants will have the chance to learn from peers across Europe and to gain better understanding of the European dimension of local projects.
Over the course of 3 days in Nantes, participants from every background are invited to:
- Present a project or initiative;
- Share best practice;
- Develop skills in setting up projects in Europe;
- Meet potential future partners with a view to setting up across-border projects which could be funded by the Cooperation Prize;
- Have discussions with other young Europeans;
- Take part in cultural and social events.
The programme will include:
- Plenary sessions, to present projects to other participants, take part in discussions and public radio shows, and summarise the work carried out in workshops;
- Workshops, to discuss specific themes in small groups and gain skills in setting up projects, in particular cross-border projects (methods, funding, communications tools, etc.);
- Informal time, an opportunity to share experiences in more depth during free time.
To apply to the NCG on Forum, you need to:
- Be between 18 and 30 years old;
- Live in the Nantes metropolitan area or in a Council of Europe member-state;
- Have an idea or project for “living together”, which promotes solidarity, fosters cultural exchanges and encourages greater respect for and openness towards others, etc;
- Reply to the call for application launched every year in the spring.
Travel, accommodation and food are paid for by Nantes Métropole (Max. 2 participants per project).
If you want to join in, fill in the application form online before 5 June 2015.
Visit the official web-site.