Deadline: 14 April 2015
Open to: students that posses PhD in Migration Studies, Media Studies, Audiovisual and/or Communication Studies, Cultural Studies or in other similar field of humanities or social sciences
Fellowship: monthly stipend of EUR 1,000, and up to EUR 500 for travel expenses
The United Nations University Institute on Globalization, Culture and Mobility (UNU-GCM) Visiting Researchers Programme gives qualified individuals an opportunity to research topics related to the ongoing programme on Female Agency, Mobility and Socio-cultural Change, and to participate in other UNU-GCM activities. Visiting Researchers are expected to reside in Barcelona and work from the UNU-GCM office at the Sant Pau Art Nouveau Site.
UNU-GCM is currently offering three (3) positions of three months each to postdoctoral researchers in the humanities and social sciences with expertise in the area of Female Agency, Mobility and Socio-cultural change.
- A PhD in either Migration Studies, Media Studies, Audiovisual and/or Communication Studies, Cultural Studies or in a field of the humanities or social sciences that considers questions of transnationalism, cultural dynamics, female agency, mobility and socio-cultural change;
- A strong record of research productivity and publications;
- The ability to work and publish in a UN working language. A good command of English and Spanish will be an advantage;
- A keen interest to collaborate with the team at UNU-GCM;
- Willingness to reside in Barcelona for the duration of the residency.
UNU-GCM provides a monthly stipend of EUR 1,000 as a contribution towards accommodation, medical, and other out-of-pocket expenses. Payment will be made in installments. The final payment of EUR 1,000 will be made upon proof of submission of the final research output, as agreed with the Director, to a refereed scholarly journal or other outlet.
Additionally, there will be financial support towards travel of up to EUR 500, if necessary. No funds will be available for research-related costs.
How to apply?
All applications must include:
- A letter of intent;
- A detailed outline of your proposed project, clarifying your aims and objectives, key research questions, methodology of research and planned research output;
- A full curriculum vitae, with details of publications and contact details;
- The contact details of two referees, one of whom must be academic.
Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis. Interested candidates should submit their application and a research proposal no later than 14 April 2015 to Ms. Àngels Fàbregues ([email protected]).
For more information please visit the official webpage.