Deadline: as soon as possible
Open to: local and international artist from various fields as sound artists, sound designers, field recordists, phonographers, sound performers
Venue: Lazaropole, Macedonia, 27 – 28 June 2015
Nature Meets Technology is the subtitle of a Workshop for Ambient Music, Soundscape and Field Recordings, where artists who appreciate nature and sound, and have a similar approach to music and life, will have the opportunity to gather at a wonderful place, work together, create, present their work, collaborate and enjoy nature.
The workshop will consist of short lectures, presentations, discussions, field recording and practical work in nature, as well as individual and group performances and improvisational sessions in open space, where over the course of this workshop will have the opportunity to first theoretically become familiar with the matter and way of work and then practically acquainted with the concept of field recording with portable audio recorders, editing, processing, sequencing, until the creation, production and performance specific sound form.
The residency will take place in the mountain village Lazaropole, in Western part of Macedonia. The mountain village is at 1350 meters above sea level and one of the highest settlements in the country. The workshop will be held over two days from 27 – 28 June 2015 (with possibility for an extra day).
The open call for participation at the workshop is aimed for sound artists, sound designers, field recordists, phonographers, sound performers, groups or individuals dealing with sound in any direction, enthusiasts or practitioners, experienced or beginners. Encouraging artists that are working with other related art fields and disciplines and are not directly practicing sound, are willing to learn or maybe combine their practice with sound. Entries could include live performances, presentations, sound for soundwalk, small installations. To maximize the number of performances during the festival, it is suggested that the presentations and performances should last no longer than 20-30 minutes.
The participation fee on the residency is 30 euros. The fee should be pay in advanced so you can reserve your place. This fee will be used for providing of following points:
- A place to stay during the days of the residency in an inspiring one century old mountain house with all basic conditions for work and residence (kitchen, shower and toilet);
- Covering of the expenses of travel from Skopje to Lazaropole and back to Skopje. If necessary (if you have an extra day in Skopje) is possible to provide a place to stay while you’re there or arrange cheap hostel. The trip from your country of residence to Macedonia is not provided. We will try help in finding the cheapest solution for this part of the trip;
- Space for realization of the workshop;
- Three meals a day: vegetarian food; group cooking on a wooden stove. Basic sound/video equipment (sound system, mixer, portable recorder, video projector);
- A ticket for Frank Bretschneider concert in Skopje on Friday 26th of Jun.
In addition is necessary to bring warm winter clothing, there will be some sleeping bags provided, but carrying yours is also recommended. Your personal sound equipment, instruments or any sound devices, Portable mp3 player and headphones for the sound walk. Enthusiasm and a will to work together in an amazing environment!
How to apply?
All interested artists should send an email of intent with their basic info, way of participation, their interests, and expectations to [email protected] All chosen participants will be notified via email and will receive day by day schedule of activities. Full program of the event will be published as soon as it is ready. There will be a meeting event in Skopje before the departure to Lazaropole.
Call and more info on official web-site.