Deadline: 1 May 2015
Open to: applicants from all countries with above-average academic achievement
Scholarship: £14,000 + tuition fees (EU/overseas)
The Centre for Service Excellence (CSE) is an inter-disciplinary research and engagement centre within University of Edinburgh Business School. The studentship will undertake new empirical work that will push forward the boundaries of the concept and its application to service delivery.
The studentship will be based within the CSE. Component disciplines of the Centre include:
- Accounting and finance;
- Entrepreneurship and innovation;
- Management science;
- Organisation studies and HRM;
- Public management;
- Strategic management and leadership.
- The applicants should possess a Master’s degree from an accredited university in the UK or overseas, with evidence of above-average academic achievement (more than 65% overall in your Masters) and the ability to undertake independent research (Master’s dissertation at distinction level). This may be in a management discipline, public policy, public administration or management, or social policy;
- For applicants whose native language is not English, an IELTS score of least 7.0, with no score lower than 6.0 in each section, or the equivalent from our approved list of certificates.
Selection will be based on:
- Quality of research proposal;
- Previous academic performance;
- Reference letters;
- Publications (if any).
The successful applicant will undertake developmental activities that may include research support and training for tutoring. As part of their studentship, they will also be expected to contribute to the teaching programmes during their second and third years of the scholarship, for a maximum of six hours per week.
The scholarships will be for three years, subject to satisfactory progress, at the following rates:
- European Union candidates: standard EU tuition fee plus maintenance fee of £14,000 per year.
- Non-European Union candidates: standard non-EU tuition fee plus maintenance fee of £14,000 per year.
How to apply?
To apply for this scheme, please ensure that in your online application you:
- Specify that you wish to be considered for this studentship;
- Include a covering letter explaining your reasons for applying and why you are the ideal person to receive this scholarship;
- Include an initial research proposal specifying your research question, how it fits into and extends the literature, and your initial thoughts upon an appropriate methodology;
- Include a CV.
Please note that it is advisable to apply as early as possible to ensure your application receives full consideration. Note that depending on your location, interviews may be carried out remotely, e.g. Skype.
For further information on the studentship contact Professor Stephen Osborne: [email protected] Send application enquiries to the Research and PhD Support Team at: [email protected] quoting your Universal Username (UUN). For more information please check the official web-site.