Deadline: 30 June 2015
Open to: highly motivated students interested in IT
Scholarship: more than 150,000 Euros over five years
IMDEA Networks Institute is a networking research institute whose multinational team is engaged in cutting-edge fundamental science. As a growing, English-speaking institute located in Madrid, Spain, IMDEA Networks offers a unique opportunity for pioneering scientists to develop their ideas. The PhD Student positions offer young, aspiring researchers a salaried position in research team. Candidates offered a position as IMDEA Networks PhD Students will have been pre-vetted and conditionally accepted for a place on the PhD program at UC3M or another top university in Madrid. PhD positions are opened for specific topics or projects, as well as positions where the research topic is not pre-defined at the time of the call. Your background and interests should match one or two of the following positions:
- PhD Position in Localization for Flexible 5G Network;
- PhD in Wireless Networks at 60 GHz (mmwave);
- PhD in Software-Defined Networking and Network Functions Virtualization (Networked Systems Group);
- PhD in Context-aware D2D Communications for 5G Network;
- PhD in Millimeter-wave Networking (Wireless Networks and Communications Group).
- B.Sc., M.Sc. or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Telecommunications, Telematics or a related field (concluded by the time you join);
- Excellent academic transcripts;
- Clearly defined Statement of purpose for PhD research thesis;
- Excellent level of spoken and written English (Spanish is not required);
- Highly motivated.
- Freedom to focus on your research work, with full administrative support. No teaching duties;
- Collaboration with leading experts on international research projects;
- Supervision throughout your PhD by one of world-renowned and award-winning researchers;
- Use of state-of-the-art resources and facilities;
- Collaborative, multi-cultural and English-speaking environment;
- Participation at international conferences and project meetings;
- Assistance with all aspects of immigration and relocation (including support with your VISA application);
- Support to take innovations to market;
- Salaried position for up to 5 years;
- Access to comprehensive healthcare;
- Total combined value of financial package of more than 150,000 Euros over five years.
How to apply?
You will need to fill in the online application form, but first you must create an account. Direct for the online form here.