Deadline: 1 June 2015
Open to: anyone who is eager to present own design ideas
Prizes: visit for two persons to the Lillehammer 2016 Youth Olympic Games
The Winter Youth Olympic Games are an elite sporting event for young people from all over the world. An event distinct from other youth sports events, as they also integrate a unique Learn and Share Programme (L&S), based around five main themes: Olympism, Social Responsibility, Skills Development, Expression and Well-being and Healthy Lifestyles. The sports programme is based on that of the Olympic Winter Games, with seven sports featured on the winter programme. In addition, the programme also includes exciting new disciplines and formats such as, ice hockey skills challenge, monobob, cross country cross and mixed gender and mixed National Olympic Committee (NOC) events. Away from the field of play and through a variety of fun and interactive activities, workshops and team-building exercises, the L&S gives the participating athletes the opportunity to learn about the Olympic values, explore other cultures and develop the skills to become true ambassadors of their sport.
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) is currently hosting a medal design competition for the Lillehammer 2016 Winter Youth Olympic Games.
Participation in this contest is open to all individuals who have Internet access and an E-mail address, regardless of their country of residence, to the exclusion of IOC and Lillehammer Youth Olympic Games Organising Committee (hereafter “LYOGOC”) personnel, as well as all people who are directly or indirectly involved in the conception, carrying out or management of the Contest, particularly employees of third party service providers, their affiliates and the company that will make the medals (hereafter the “Candidate(s)”). Only one submission per participant is allowed.
The creators of the best design proposals will be awarded:
- A visit for two persons from 11 to 15 February 2016 to the Lillehammer 2016 Winter Youth Olympic Games (Norway);
- A souvenir set of the official medals of the Lillehammer 2016 Winter Youth Olympic Games;
- A Samsung tablet;
2nd and 3rd Prizes
- A Samsung tablet;
How to apply?
The competition is free to enter. If you want to apply for competition please follow these steps:
- Download the template – Download the ZIP file HERE containing the template in the following formats: JPG, PDF, EPS and TIFF;
- Design your medal – Choose the format you prefer, let your creativity flow and show us what you think the official medal of the Lillehammer 2016 Youth Olympic Games should look like. When designing your medal, you must consider the following guidelines:
- The competition is to design the front side of the medal only (the reverse side will be designed by the Lillehammer 2016 local organising committee);
- Your design (the front) should reflect the spirit of the Winter Youth Olympic Games while the reverse side, designed by Lillehammer 2016 Organising Committee will reflect elements of Norwegian culture and their emblem. Do not overlap these elements;
- The border of your design must be circular in shape;
- The Olympic rings should appear somewhere in your design;
- The Olympic rings must always be reproduced in their pure form. They may not be altered, formed from other elements or cut.
- Do not add text to your design except if you wish to use the words Youth Olympic Games;
- For more information read the rules to help create your design;
- Submit your design -Upload your design in the template, respecting the following:
- Size: 600×600 minimum pixels and 1000×1000 maximum pixels;
- Maximum resolution of 300 dpi;
Format file: JPG or PNG;
- Give a name to your design and add a description;
- Complete your personal information;
- Click submit;
Once you have entered, you will receive an email confirming your entry has been received by the International Olympic Committee (IOC). You will be required to click on the link in the email to confirm your entry. The IOC will then proceed with reviewing your entry to ensure it respects the Medal Design Competition Terms & Conditions. If this is the case, you will receive an email to confirm your entry has been entered into the competition and it will be uploaded into the online gallery;
For more information please check the official website.