Deadline: 22 May 2015
Open to: individuals or teams of young people from Southeast Europe, Turkey and Europe aged 18-35 years
Prizes: presentation of the best works at regional conference in Bosnia and Herzegovina
YOU SEE! – platform for social innovations in youth employment has announced call for socially engaged youth thinkers and artists to submit their brilliant thoughts and art pieces on youth employment in Southeast Europe. Purpose of the competition is to promote youth opinion on different aspects of youth employment policy in SEE region and Turkey as well as whole Europe. The best chronicles and art pieces will be awarded and promoted in public. YouSEE believes in your creativity and knows that you are one of those people who know very well what are the main challenges youth face on labor market as you are representative of youth population. Here are some starting bullets for inspiration:
- You may present some real examples of stories from your village, city, countries and show, how youth unemployment influence beneficiaries and community;
- Give some critical overview on ruts, current situation and consequences of youth unemployment in SEE, Turkey and whole Europe;
- Promote critical thinking on youth employment policies in the region;
- Promote social innovations in youth employment field;
- Promote good practice in employment of marginalized groups from your city or country;
- Suggest something powerful to send strong message to wider public and decision makers and move on public debate about employment;
- Create motivational texts/videos to break down apathy of unemployed youth and send them positive message;
The competition is opened to individuals or teams of young people from 18 to 35 years old. Youth from South East Europe, Turkey and rest of the Europe are eligible to participate in the competition.
The prizes will be awarded in three separated categories:
- Chronicles – The author of the best chronicle will be awarded to present his/her work at regional conference that will be held in Bosnia and Herzegovina in November 2015. First 10 chronicles will be published in some of the respective regional medias (web portals, newspaper etc.) as well as on our web site together with experts chronicles;
- Videos – The author of the best video will be awarded to present his/her work at regional conference that will be held in Bosnia and Herzegovina in November 2015. First 3 videos will be used as an educational material by trainers during the educational activities on youth employment organized by YouSEE platform;
- Freestyle techniques – The author of the best freestyle technique work will be awarded to present his/her work on regional conference that will be held in Bosnia and Herzegovina in November 2015;
Depend on the form, the best works will be promoted during different public events and meetings or published on websites as educational material.
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 22 May 2015. For successful applications is necessary to meet following requirements:
- All materials have to be prepared on English language or with English subtitle;
- The text of chronicles couldn’t be shorter than 1200 and longer than 2500 words;
- Videos and chronicles will be judged as a separate category 1 and 2 and all other art piece will be submitted under 3rd category called freestyle techniques;
- Submissions that violate intellectual properties and copy rights of third authors will be rejected;
Please submit your works to [email protected] Winners and their works will be announced on YouSEE facebook page on 1st of June 2015.
For more information please check the official website.