Deadline: 31 December 2015
Open to: young people from Interpol’s member country, fluent in English
Remuneration: approximately EUR 550
Interpol’s Internship Programme welcomes candidates from any of 190 member countries in their quarters in Lyon, France. The Programme attracts young talents to the Organization and provides them with:
- A better understanding of the Organization’s goals and objectives and how international police cooperation is organized;
- An insight into how an international organization operates;
- A framework to enhance their educational experience through practical work assignments, thereby developing skills which are useful for their career and future employment;
- Experience of working in a multicultural, multidisciplinary and multi-ethnic environment, contributing to the development of mutual understanding, trust and tolerance.
At the same time Interpol also benefits from the Programme by having:
- The input of qualified persons whose background enables them to give a fresh point of view and up-to-date academic knowledge;
- Support for the completion of specific projects.
All applicants must:
- Be nationals of a member country;
- Have attained the legal age of majority in their country of nationality;
- Be fluent in English;
- Be enrolled in, or have graduated from, an accredited academic institution within the past six months on the date of submission of the application;
- Having a good knowledge of any of the other official working languages regularly used in the duty station where the Internship will take place (French, Spanish or Arabic) will be considered an advantage.
Interns are entitled to receive a monthly allowance of 550 euros (the amount set for internships based in Lyon). The allowance will be adjusted to the different duty stations according to the UN cost of living index and it will be prorated according to the number of days worked if an internship does not start at the beginning of a given month.
How to apply?
If you wish to apply, please complete the online application form. The deadline is at the end of the year.
For more information please heck the official web-page.