Deadline: 30 June 2015
Open to: Citizens of a member country of the World Bank with PhD or master’s degree younger than 32 years
Remuneration: internationally competitive salary, plus other benefits
The Young Professionals Program is a unique opportunity for younger talent who have both a passion for international development, be it for working in Operations or in some Corporate areas and the leadership potential to grow in fascinating top technical and managerial roles in the World Bank Group. The Program is designed for highly qualified and motivated individuals skilled in areas relevant to the WBG technical/operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources and others, as well as to WBG corporate areas such as communications, information technology, human resources and corporate finance. To be competitive for this highly selective program, candidates need to demonstrate a commitment to development, proven academic success, professional achievement, and leadership capability.
The following are the minimum requirements to be eligible for the Young Professionals Program.
- Citizenship of a member country of the World Bank (check HERE);
- 32 years of age or younger (i.e. born on or after October 1, 1983);
- A PhD or Master’s degree and relevant work experience;
- Fluency in English;
- Full proficiency in one or more of the WBG’s working languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish is desired but not required;
- Specialization in a field relevant to the WBG Technical/Operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources and others; and other WBG corporate areas such as communications, information technology, human resources and corporate finance;
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience related to development or continued academic study at the doctoral level.
As an entry-level professional in the WBG, Young Professionals are offered an internationally competitive salary, based on their education and professional experience. WBG also provides benefits regarding to Insurance Programs, Tax Allowance, Financial Assistance and others. Read more about benefits here.
How to apply?
The application for the 2016 Selection Process for the Young Professionals Program at the World Bank is being reviewed and will be opening early June 2015. Dive in the application process HERE.
Before you apply, please ensure that:
You meet the minimum requirements for eligibility before completing your application to the Young Professionals Program. You have all the information at hand including key dates, an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV), Education Certificates/Transcripts, PhD Dissertation/Master’s Thesis topics (short summary), if applicable, and the Application Essay ready to be uploaded.
For more information, please check the official web-page.