Deadline: 15 June 2015
Open to: holders of university degree or professional qualification in law, economics, social science, or any other relevant field
Remuneration: depending on experience
The Romedia Foundation is a Romani non-governmental organization based in Budapest, Hungary, working to contribute to a positive perception of Romani ethnic identity, combating anti-Romani prejudice and to provide alternative information to policy makers on Roma through the production of films and videos, international multi-media campaigns and public events.
The Program Manager will manage and coordinate the Romedia Foundation’s citizen journalism project (including draft grant applications and reports), support the implementation of the organization’s fundraising strategy, build and maintain partnerships with such diverse stakeholders as Romani NGOs, foreign representations in Hungary, etc., and represent the organization at conferences and other events.
- University degree or professional qualification in law, economics, social science, or another relevant field;
- 2+ years of relevant experience with an NGO, international organization, multinational company, diplomatic mission, or another relevant workplace;
- Field experience in Romani communities would be an asset;
- Proven management, leadership and organizational skills to manage diverse and international projects;
- Experience with TV/film/media production and/or advocacy campaigns would be an asset;
- Excellent social and intercultural skills, and the ability to establish and maintain partnerships with diverse stakeholders;
- Fluency in Hungarian and English are required. Good command of Romanes, German, French, Serbian, or another European language would be an advantage;
- Openness to the film production process is essential.
Salary is determinate by the experience of the candidate.
How to apply?
For more information, please check the official website.