Deadline: 15 June 2015
Open to: human rights activists, youth workers and youth leaders from Albania and Kosovo aged 18-30
Venue: 6-12 July 2015, Durres, Albania
The No Hate Speech Movement Albania together with the Youth Center “Perspektiva”and NGO “PVN Albania” have opened the call for participants for the training course “Power of Words”. “Lёvizja Kundёr Urrejtjes” or the No Hate Speech Movement Albania is the Albanian branch of the No Hate Speech Movement – youth campaign against hate speech online and for human rights online, that was launched by the Youth Department of the Council of Europe in 2013. Albania joined the Campaign in 2014: since that time in Albania were organized several trainings for young activists, various community actions and the collection of materials in Albanian and English language. The Training Course “Power of words” is designed for the youth activists, youth social and media workers and will provide the participants with practical knowledge and skills in the following fields:
- Various aspects, connected with defining, deconstructing and combating hate speech & discrimination online through the means of Human Rights Education;
- Strategies & tools of online campaigning for Human Rights;
- Educational opportunities and youth programs offered by the Youth Department of the Council of Europe open for Albania;
- Practical skills in using “Compass” and “Bookmarks” manuals on Human Rights Education and Combating Online Hate Speech in the youth work;
- Planning and organizing the activities of the No Hate Speech Movement Albania in 2015-2016.
All participants will receive the certificates from the Youth Department of the Council of Europe upon the completion of the Training Course. Working languages of the course will be Albanian and English. Participants should be able to understand and communicate in English: it is very important for successful completion of the Training Course, because some sessions and materials will be delivered in the English language.
National Capacity-building Training Course will bring together 21 young human rights activists, youth workers and youth leaders from Albania and Kosovo, who are actively involved in the field of youth work as multipliers of knowledge and good practices and have capacity to contribute to the activities of the No Hate Speech Movement Campaign in Albania and Kosovo.
All interested participants should:
- Be in the age of 18-30 years old;
- Be an Albanian or Kosovo resident;
- Be leaders or activists of a youth organizations, a youth workers or project managers, whose work is directly related to youth educational activities in the field of human rights or media;
- Be motivated to actively participate in the camp and engaged in the learning process during the full duration of the Training Course;
- Be able to work in English;
- Be willing to work for multiplication and enhancement of knowledge and experience gained during the Training Course;
- Be willing to join the activities of the No Hate Speech Movement Campaign in Albania;
- Participants from Kosovo should have the capacity and motivation to develop activities on combating hate speech online in their country.
Food, accommodation and travel costs to the venue in Durres will be reimbursed by the organizers. Travel reimbursement covers bus travel costs and public transport only if the original receipts will be provided by the participant. Participants from Kosovo are kindly requested to travel by bus. Organizers kindly ask all participants to arrange your travelling in the most economical way and to preserve all relevant original tickets and invoices.
How to apply?
All interested applicants from Albania and Kosovo are invited to fill in an online application form. The deadline for submitting the online application form is 15 June 2015, 23:59 . All participants will be selected by the team of organizers from Albania and the Youth Department of the Council of Europe on the basis of their experience, motivation and capacity to be involved in the activities of the No Hate Speech Movement in Albania and Kosovo. Successful applicants will be contacted by the organizers on 20 June 2015 and will be provided with the further information.
For more information please check the official website or contact organizers at email@example.com.