Deadline: 15 June 2015
Open to: recently graduates no older than 29 from EU countries or ACP
Remuneration: EUR 800/1000 per month, return ticket, insurance
The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) is a joint international institution of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States and the European Union (EU). Its mission is to advance food and nutritional security, increase prosperity and encourage sound natural resource management in ACP countries. It facilitates access to information and knowledge; supports evidence-based, multi-stakeholder development of agricultural policies and strategies; promotes inclusive value chain development and use of ICTs and strengthens the capacities of agricultural and rural development institutions and communities. CTA has an internship positions within the Policies, Markets and ICTs Programme. Internship period starts on 1 September 2015 and lasts 6 months, it takes place in Wageningen, The Netherlands
- Assist in the organisation and follow-up of the Web 2.0 and Social Media Learning Opportunities;
- Assist in the selection of participants for distance learning courses;
- Interact and collaborate remotely with consultants, host organizations and beneficiaries using cutting edge technology;
- Assist in gathering and processing data for M&E purposes and for assessing project impact;
- Contribute to the gathering of feedback from beneficiaries including stories about success and failures;
- Contribute to the analysis of the results of impact assessments;
- Maintain the Web2fordev.net web site;
- Promote Web 2.0 and related social media platforms;
- Report on project activities via social media;
- Perform other tasks as requested by the supervisor.
- Recent graduate no older than 29;
- National of one of the ACP or EU Countries;
- University degree in ICT or communication-related disciplines;
- Experience and interest in the area of ICTs, Web 2.0 and Social Media;
- Knowledge in managing CMS (Joomla) is an asset;
- Experience in designing and administering online survey instruments is an asset;
- Good organization, inter-personal and communication skills;
- Knowledge of one of the Centre’s two working languages (French or English) and a satisfactory knowledge of the other.
- Participation in CTA activities will give you an invaluable experience at international level;
- Internship stipend (EUR 800 per month for holder of a Bachelor’s degree, EUR 1,000 for holder of a Master’s degree);
- Payment of travel costs when joining and leaving the Centre;
- Medical coverage for emergency cases of sickness and accident during the internship.
Interested candidates are required to send the documents listed below via email to Pascal Deleu, Human Resources Officer at [email protected]
Please indicate in the “Subject” of the email the title “ICT4D and Web2forDev internship application”:
- A letter of motivation (maximum one page explaining why the candidate considers that he/she is in a position to successfully contribute to project implementation and what he/she expects to gain from the internship. The date of earliest availability should be specified as well);
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae, preferably Europass format;
- Copies of the highest obtained diploma/degree as well as training certificates related to the position. Original documents are to be presented once a candidate is selected.
- Two letters of recommendation and/or references.
Deadline for applying is 15 June 2015. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For more information please visit the official website.