Deadline: 26 June 2015
Open to: applicants with minimum 2 years of relevant practical experience in HR administration who are fluent in written and spoken German as well as English
Salary: minimum EUR 2,741 per month
Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. Through more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it. The HR Officer Administration is responsible for the coordination of payroll services and overall HR administration in the HR department. He/she is the HR focal point for new and existing staff members in providing information, support and guidance in all HR related matters. The position is limited period of time of 1 – 1,5 years (parental leave cover) at TI-secretariat in Berlin, Germany.
- Coordinate and finalize the monthly payroll with an external service provider including preparation of additional payments and quality checks;
- Inform, advise and assist staff members in payroll and HR administrative matters;
- Administer contracts, works council hearings, official statements, references, insurance applications and claims, etc.;
- Conduct HR induction for new staff members and provide support for the on-boarding process with all relevant information regarding legal and administrative requirements for living and working in Germany;
- Control and maintain staff records in HR files and other documents ensuring all required data is relevant and up to date;
- Support HR related projects and provide input on the development of policies, guidelines and procedures;
- Support the HR Manager and HR team as required (e.g. HR reporting).
To be eligible for the position applicants have to meet following requirements:
- 2-3 years of formal education (e.g. apprenticeship, vocational education) or relevant undergraduate degree;
- 2+ years of relevant practical experience in HR administration and related tasks;
- Good knowledge of the German Labour Law, social security, and payroll required;
- Experience with international organisations and multicultural work environments an advantage;
- Complete fluency in written and spoken German as well as fluency in written and spoken English is essential;
- Good organisational, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with internal stakeholders and external partners, service providers and other institutions;
- Good knowledge of MS Office (in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Flexible and adaptable, able to handle multiple tasks across a wide range of issues and work under pressure;
- Proven ability to handle confidential information;
- People and service-oriented attitude and intercultural sensitivity.
This position is classified as Grade II of TI-S Grades and Salary Bands. Transparency International and its global network offer an inspiring work environment with real learning opportunities and support. Berlin is an attractive metropolitan city with relatively low cost of living.
How to apply?
The deadline for appllying is 26 June 2015. Candidates should submit, preferably via email, a cover letter and CV in English to: [email protected] Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information please follow the official website.