Deadline: 18 June 2015
Open to: international young people with at least bachelor degree
Benefits: monthly allowance of EUR 730 gross
Christian Solidarity Worldwide (CSW) works in over 20 countries across Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America, defending everyone’s right to freedom of religion or belief. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and globally respected religious freedom research and advocacy organisation. As an intern gaining experience in human rights advocacy, you will work in the office in Brussels and assist to the highly experienced team of advocates, documenting violations of religious freedom and bringing the plight of those persecuted for their faith to the attention of EU governments and institutions, Members of the European Parliament (MEPs), media and the general public.
- To assist with the research and analysis of human rights (particularly freedom of religion or belief) information pertaining to a given country, region or situation, including developments at the EU level;
- To assist with the production, maintenance and distribution of up-to-date resources for key decision makers, supporters and internal use;
- To assist with the development of Brussels-based social media presence;
- To assist with the planning and logistics of fact-finding visits and visiting delegations;
- To assist with the coordination of and follow-up tasks related to our cooperation with major partners in Brussels and elsewhere, in particular the European Platform on Religious Intolerance and Discrimination (EPRID) and the Human Rights and Democracy Network (HRDN).
You can find list of full responsibilities in the application info pack.
- At least bachelor degree level;
- Fluent written and spoken English;
- Understanding in written and spoken French;
- Microsoft Word and Outlook to advanced level, Excel to intermediate level;
- Ability to learn quickly and grasp new information and detail;
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, to ensure quality of research;
- Proven excellent research skills;
- Committed Christian in agreement with CSW’s vision;
- Committed to affirm, pray for and encourage the work of CSW.
This is a paid internship position. Intern will receive allowance of EUR 730 per month/gross.
How to apply?
Please download and fill in the application form and send on email firstname.lastname@example.org until 18 June 2015.
For more information see the info pack or visit the official website.