Deadline: 30 June 2015
Open to: nationals from EU Member States with at least a university degree equivalent to a Master’s degree
Remuneration: monthly grant of 1,300 EUR plus an accommodation contribution set at 1,000 EUR
The European External Action Service (EEAS) and the European Commission (EC) have established a high-level traineeship programme which gives an opportunity to highly qualified junior professionals from the EU Members State to work in the EU Delegations worldwide. The aim of the programme is to enable young people to gain a first-hand experience in the work of Delegations and an in-depth understanding of their role in the implementation of EU external policies. Every 18 months, the EEAS and EC open a call for expression of interest. Junior Professional can work in one of the 139 EU Delegations and can be posted, depending the nature of their tasks, in:
- the EEAS sections – for political, press and information functions
- the EC sections – for aid management, trade, economic issues, etc.
The EEAS and the EC will finance minimum 56 JPDs posts (2 per Member State) for the round 2016 – 2017: 28 JPDs positions in the political, press and information section (EEAS) and 28 in the aid management, trade and economic issues (EC). Additional posts might be financed through voluntary contributions of EU Member States.
Candidates applying for this high-level traineeship programme should:
- Be a national from an EU Member State;
- Hold at least a university degree equivalent to a Master’s degree in a domain relevant to the activities of the Delegations;
- Have excellent command of English and / or French; knowledge of other languages is an asset;
- Show a great interest and motivation to work in a Delegation;
- Professional experience, extra-curriculum activities such as volunteering or publications, is an important asset.
Selected candidates will be offered a single traineeship agreement of a fixed-term of nine months, which can be renewed for another period of nine months. Trainees are entitled to a monthly remuneration package composed of:
- A grant of 1,300 EUR;
- An accommodation contribution set at 1,000 EUR;
- A hardship contribution added to these mentioned above – depending on the Living Conditions Allowance in a Delegation from 10% to 35%.
In addition, JPDs will be granted:
- An installation contribution of 2,000 EUR at the beginning of their traineeship;
- A contribution for the cost of the journey for each period of a traineeship – 2,500 EUR;
- 500 EUR to cover the insurance cost for each period of 9 months of traineeship.
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 30 June 2015. Applications (application form) shall be addressed exclusively to the authorities designated by each EU Member State (the points of contact for your Member State). The modalities for presenting applications to the respective national authorities are determined by the EU Member States and should be made available on their relevant websites. Applicants can only apply in one Member State. In case of multiple applications, the candidate will be disqualified. In the application form, candidates are asked to provide information on their academic achievements, knowledge of languages, professional experience, extra-curriculum activities and motivation. In addition, they are asked to indicate 3 geographical preferences for their potential assignment as well as the function they are applying for:
- Political, press and information functions – EEAS list;
- Aid management, trade and economic issues functions – EC list.
For more information please follow the official website.