Deadline: 5 July 2015
Open to: trainees have to be nationals of a member state of the European Union
Remuneration: EUR 500 per month
The Agency for the Cooperation of Energy Regulators (ACER), established by Regulation (EC) No 713/20091 , has a central role in the liberalisation of European energy markets. The purpose of the Agency is to assist National Regulatory Authorities in exercising, at the Union level, the regulatory tasks that they perform in the Member States and, where necessary, to coordinate their action. A traineeship at the Agency is an opportunity to receive professional work experience in a distinctly multinational and intellectually stimulating environment, while contributing to the Agency’s mission in-assisting national regulatory authorities (NRAs) to perform their duties at EU level and to coordinate their actions whenever necessary.
Traineeship at ACER begins on 1 September 2015 and last from a minimum of three to a maximum of five months. In duly justified and exceptional cases, the traineeship might be extended by up to one month. The place of traineeship is Ljubljana, Slovenia, where ACER is based.
The selected trainees will be assigned to one of the following teams:
- IT/ICT Team (Administration Department);
- Human Resources Team (Administration Department);
- Press and Communication Team (Director’s Office);
- Market Monitoring Team (Gas Department);
- Framework Guidelines and Network Codes Team (Gas Department);
- Infrastructure Team (Gas Department);
- Market Monitoring Team (Electricity Department);
- TSO Cooperation Team (Electricity Department);
- REMIT Market Conduct Team (Market Monitoring Department).
Each trainee will have a traineeship advisor, who will be in charge of the trainee for the entire period of the traineeship.
- Trainees have to be nationals of a member state of the European Union;
- Excellent written and oral command (level C2) of the English language and good written and oral command (level B2) of a second official language of the European Union, including the mother tongue;
- Have a level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma, when the normal period of university education is three years or more and will have obtained a full degree by the start of the traineeship period.
Applications will not be accepted from applicants who, for more than 6 weeks:
- Have already benefited or benefit from any kind of traineeship within a European institution or body;
- Have had or have any kind of employment within a European institution or body.
Trainees receive a monthly grant of EUR 500. Traineeship may last from a minimum of three to a maximum of five months. In duly justified and exceptional cases, the traineeship might be extended by up to one month. The trainees who have completed at least a 3 months’ traineeship may receive a travel allowance. The travel allowance is paid at the end of the traineeship for travel from the place of residence to Ljubljana and back. The trainees whose place of recruitment is less than 200km from Ljubljana are not entitled to a travel allowance.
- Fill in the application form;
- A copy of university diploma(s), (please do not submit any other supporting documents at this stage);
- On the application form please clearly indicate maximum two teams in which you are applying for traineeship, expressing the preference. Applications without clear preference stated or with more than two preferences will not be considered.
Applications in English should be sent by email to [email protected] quoting the reference in the subject. Deadline for applying is 5 July 2015.