Deadline: 1 July 2015
Open to: graduate student in Social Science, Politics, Economics, Natural or Environmental Science/ Humanities or similar with excellent English skills
Remuneration: 3,400 Swiss Francs per month
The Club of Rome is a global think tank with a broad range of interdisciplinary international activities. The Club’s International Centre is headquartered in Winterthur, Switzerland. It is currently offering the following 12-month full time traineeship position Associate Project & Communications Manager starting from 1 September 2015. In the course of this one year traineeship as Associate Project & Communications Manager successful applicant will work under the overall supervision of the Executive Directorand the Secretary General. Following tasks are connected with the position:
- Support the organization of meetings, conferences and events in Switzerland and abroad, such as the Club of Rome Annual Global Meeting to take place in October 2015 in Switzerland;
- Manage and/or assist in the preparation of seminars and workshops as part of the Club of Rome work programme;
- Maintain financial records and accounts and support the budget preparations under supervision, manage information and database development /administration;
- Support the Secretary General and team of the Club of Rome in various administrative and organizational matters (schedules, appointments, travel, correspondence, etc.);
- Support internal and external communications (i.e. with members of the Club of Rome, local public in Winterthur and Switzerland), handle inquiries;
- Provide assistance in maintaining relations with Swiss authorities on HR-related issues such as health insurance, social security, pension, residence permits, visa;
- Provide support on the substantive programme and organisation of the Club of Rome as required;
- Maintain and further develop the Club of Rome website and social media channels including its web-based communication network, research platform, public forum;
- Support the production and distribution of publications including news releases, information booklets, conference materials, presentations, features and annual reports, educational materials and other publications as required.
Following experience and skills are required:
- Graduate student in Social Science, Politics, Economics, Natural or Environmental Science/ Humanities or similar. Practical experience in project management or communications (i.e. previous internships) will be an asset;
- Demonstrated commitment to the Club’s core values, mission and programs;
- Profound interest in long-term global issues in the fields of social and economic development, environment, climate change and energy. Ideally, you have already worked on similar issues at your university, voluntarily, or during internships;
- Excellent computer skills. Experience in preparing Power Point presentations, Excel files, picture processing and website development would be a strong asset;
- Excellent English skills; good German will be a strong plus; further language skills are a plus;
- Strong team player, good communicator, results-oriented, reliable, flexible and creative;
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work with diverse people in multicultural environments.
The amount of remuneration is 3,400 Swiss Francs per month that will allow to cover basic living expenses in Switzerland. The Club of Rome is not able to cover any further expenses (i.e. accommodation or travel costs).
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 1 July 2015. To apply please send your complete application (CV and letter of motivation as PDF files) in English electronically to Mr. Sebastian Forsch at [email protected]. Interviews will take place during the week of 6-10 July. In your letter of motivation please specify first, how this traineeship will contribute to your future career plans after this position has ended and second, why you are particularly interested in and suited for the working environment of the Club of Rome and its Winterthur-based International Centre.
For more information please follow the official website.