Deadline: 23 July 2015
Open to: citizens of the EU with a certain level of education or experience in the field of nursery care and education
Remuneration: EUR 1,934.53 per month
The European Commission is recruiting contract staff to work as Nursery Nurses/Childcare Workers for children aged 0-3 in crèches. The positions will be based mainly in Brussels (Belgium) and Ispra (Italy) according to the Commission’s needs. Under the supervision of an official, Contract Staff will:
- Look after and educate a group of children aged 0-3 at the European Commission’s crèches (in Brussels or Ispra) in accordance with the
educational programme used as a frame of reference, so as to enable the children to develop their own identity, autonomy and skills;
Provide a calm and safe environment that is conducive to their well-being and development;
Give each child the individual attention they need, especially at times involving close contact (meals and physical care);
Establish and maintain courteous relations with parents to further the integration and development of their children in partnership with them;
Take an active role in the various training activities to enhance their own professional skills and ensure the consistency of the educational approach being taken;
Work flexibly as part of a team and stand in for other team members if required;
If necessary, prepare babies’ bottles in accordance with stringent hygiene and safety rules.
To be recruited as a member of the contract staff, you must:
- Be a citizen of one of the Member States of the European Union;
- Enjoy your full rights as a citizen;
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the official languages (level C1 or above) of the European Union;
Have a satisfactory knowledge (level B2) of English, French or German (this language must be different from language 1 above);
- Reach a level of post-secondary education in the field of nursery care and education, attested by a diploma, or
- Reach a level of post-secondary education, attested by a diploma, in a field other than that of nursery care and education, followed by professional experience of at least two years directly related to the duties described in Description, or
Reach a level of upper-secondary education in the field of nursery care and education, attested by a diploma giving access to higher education, followed by professional experience of at least three years, one year of which must be directly related to the duties described in Description, or
- Reach a level of upper-secondary education in a field other than that of nursery care and education, attested by a diploma giving access to higher education, followed by professional experience of at least three years directly related to the duties described in description, or
- Have completion of compulsory education and a total of eight years of:
- relevant professional training as a nursery nurse/childcare worker caring for children between the ages of 0 and 3, and/or
- professional experience as a nursery nurse/childcare worker caring for children between the ages of 0 and 3.
The monthly salary is EUR 1,934.53 (indicative monthly starting salary for a 40-hour working week). As well as providing support and assistance to new staff for relocation, the EU institutions also offer a comprehensive remuneration package, including pension and health insurance.
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 23 July 2015, 12:00, Brussels time. For successful application please apply online. You must fill in the application form in English, French or German. The selection process will consist of two phases – Talent screener and Competency test.