Deadline: 15 July 2015
Open to: anyone with flexible working time and strong interest in Asia
Remuneration: small financial reward (certain amount of money will be specified during the application process)
Association for International Affairs (AMO) is offering an internship position: Assistant to ALYAS Project Coordinator. AMO Lectures for Young Asia Scholars (ALYAS) is an educational project for selected senior university students, young scholars and professionals with the interest in Asia. The main objective of ALYAS is to deepen the understanding of political, economic, security and social issues of the Asia-Pacific region by offering current and future specialists an opportunity to interact directly with experts and practitioners with extensive knowledge of Asia in a small group setting. The 6th round of ALYAS will take place in the academic year 2015/16. It consists of seven lectures and final event.
Internship will consist of following tasks:
- Close cooperation with ALYAS Project Coordinator and Head of Conference Service to ensure smooth running of ALYAS;
- Assisting to lecture arrangements in the following dates: 15 October, 29 October, 12 November, 26 November, 10 December, 7 January, 21 January, 4 February;
- Promoting of call for participants (distribution of posters at universities, updates on social media);
- Communication with guests speakers (invitations, logistics).
Successful candidates should meet following requirements:
- English language;
- Availability in the dates as stated above;
- Start in August 2015;
- Flexible working time (approximately 4 hours per week);
- Diligence and responsibility;
- Interest in Asia is an asset.
There is a possibility of a small financial reward, but certain amount of money will be specified during the application process. The position offers following benefits:
- Free access to exclusive lectures which are not open to public;
- Opportunities for networking;
- Valuable working experience (especially for students);
- Possibility of a paid position in the future AMO projects, should the cooperation be successful.
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 15 July 2015. To apply please send your CV and short motivation letter (max. 500 words) to Sue Nguyen, [email protected]. The interviews with selected candidates will take place in late July.