Deadline: 25 July 2015
Open to: civil society organizations from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia
Grant: total amount of EUR 30,000, maximum grant amount of EUR 5,000 per country
South East European Media Observatory is looking for applications from civil society organizations (CSOs) to implement public awareness and advocacy campaigns and organize actions aiming to support free, independent, pluralistic and viable media in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia. The duration of the public awareness and advocacy campaigns can be from 3 to 6 months.
This granting scheme is part of the second phase of the regional project “South East European Media Observatory – Building Capacities and Coalitions for Monitoring Media Integrity and Advancing Media Reforms” which aims at supporting integrity both in public service and commercial media in South East Europe.
Applicants can propose actions of local, national or regional relevance. They are especially encouraged to consider one or more priority topics of the project’s advocacy actions in the target countries in 2015 and 2016 listed below:
- Strengthening media integrity and professionalism;
- Transparency of public and commercial media financing;
- Criteria for allocation of state advertising and public funds for media;
- Transparency and access to information on state advertising and public funds allocation to media;
- Situation of journalists and its impact on media integrity;
- (Dis)respect for public service values in media and journalistic practices;
- Transparency, self-regulation and respect for professional standards in online news media;
- Privatisation of minority and local media and its impact on media pluralism and integrity.
The project is co-financed by the European Union Instrument for Pre-accession Assistance (IPA), Civil Society Facility Partnership Programme. On behalf of the project consortium, the Center for Independent Journalism, Budapest administers the granting scheme for civil society organizations.
This call invites civil society organizations – professional associations, advocacy groups, think tanks, research institutes, human rights organizations, anti-corruption organizations and other CSOs – specializing in media and with relevant experience from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia.
The total amount of the grant for the six countries is EUR 30,000. A maximum grant amount of EUR 5,000 per country will be awarded. The evaluation team may decide to award only one applicant organization, but may also split this amount between two proposals from a country.
The application consists of three parts:
- Application Form;
- Budget Plan (excel format available on the website);
- Supporting documents.
Applications should be submitted in English language via e-mail to the Center for Independent Journalism at: [email protected] Deadline for applying is 25 July 2015.