Deadline: 5 September 2015
Open to: youth workers, youth leaders, active young people, multipliers, representatives of youth networks from Macedonia, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Kosovo, Montenegro, Italy, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia and Turkey
Venue: 11-15 September 2015, Krusevo, Macedonia
The International Youth Conference “European Values for the Future of the SEE Countries” was held for the very first time in 2003. The European values in the SEE countries were a significant issue affecting everyone. Now, 13 years from the organization of the first conference, the topic is still fresh and unanswered, but the political – economic map of the region has notably changed. Although all countries embarked from the same point, the situation today with all of them is different. Some of the countries of the region like Slovenia, Bulgaria, Romania and Croatia became members of the Euro-Atlantic integration structures. Others, like Montenegro and Serbia are already on a good path to achieving their goal.
The strategy of expanding the EU not only promotes stability, but also is based on regional collaboration, mutual understanding and respect, healthy neighborly relations based on open cooperation, reconciliation and addressing issues of the past with sobriety.
The International Youth Conference is a unique place, a cultural crossroad where discussions for: rule of law, democracy, human rights, freedom of speech, free-market economy, political inclusiveness and right of free sexual orientation, are mixing while they are putting together the mosaic of the future.
The Conference will bring together up to 59 participants from the countries from the SEE region (Macedonia, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Kosovo, Montenegro, Italy, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia) and Turkey and guests from youth organizations partners from Germany, France and starting from this year Poland in the role of mentors.
- Youth workers, youth leaders, active young people, multipliers as well as representatives of Youth networks;
- Experienced in the youth field and familiar with the conference topic;
- Participants who are looking for an opportunity to enrich their knowledge and awareness regarding the European values, Youth work and EU integration of SEE and other countries;
- Committed to prepare themselves for the conference subjects and actively to take part of all conference discussions;
- Residents in a geographic region encompassed by the conference;
- Available to actively attend the full duration of the conference;
- Able to communicate in English, the working language of the conference.
The conference costs are covered by the organizers including, materials, accommodation and meals. The travel cost will be repaid up to 80 %, on the basis of the cheapest (economy class) means of transport upon full attendance in the IYC activities and presentation of the original tickets, invoice and receipt.
How to apply?
The applicants are requested to fill in the online application .The call for participants will be open until 5 September 2015.
NOTE: The selection is made on the principle first come, first serve.
If you have any questions, send an email to: [email protected] and you will be answered promptly.
For more information please visit the official website.