Deadline: 27 July 2015
Open to: a master’s student of Urban Studies, International Relations, European Studies or another field of study that relates to urban policy with work eligibility in the EU and excellent knowledge of the English
Remuneration: internship fee of EUR 300 per month plus reimbursement of train transportation costs
The EUKN is a network of national governments and knowledge institutes, deeply involved in EU urban policy-making. The focus on generating a professional community that shares expert urban knowledge and best policy practice inspires policy makers, practitioners and researchers, benefiting urban development and city living.
The EUKN is presently expanding, its membership of 1/3 of the European Union, which includes Belgium, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, Luxembourg and the Netherlands: all of whom are represented at Ministry level by the EUKN Assembly. For each of our Members, National Focal Points (NFPs) ensure the dissemination of European knowledge at the national, regional and local levels and the exchange of relevant national knowledge at the European level. The EUKN and NFPs are supported by a small Secretariat, based within the organisation Platform 31 in The Hague, the Netherlands. The EUKN is currently looking for a Communications and Research intern to support the daily activities of the Secretariat.
The following tasks will be part of your internship:
- Regularly monitor international urban planning and policy websites and social media, to contribute to maintaining up-to-date information on the EUKN’s own online portals;
- Contribute to the EUKN’s monthly newsletter by writing articles, conducting interviews, and monitoring subscriptions;
- Create online EUKN knowledge dossiers about a variety of themes, such as the collaborative economy, by collecting relevant research and case studies on each topic;
- Up-date existing knowledge dossiers by seeking out new and current materials related to each topic;
- Assist the Head of Research with background research, the contribution to and editing of written reports, as well as the organisation of Policy Labs;
- Assist the Communications Manager in updating and maintaining the EUKN website and social media;
- Support other EUKN colleagues in their daily activities, such as conferences and meetings.
The EUKN is looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and curious person that is seeking a dynamic, challenging and international working environment. Successful candidates will fit the following profile:
- A master’s student of Urban Studies, Human Geography, Urban Sociology International Relations, European Studies, Urban Planning, or another field of study that relates to urban policy and European cooperation;
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, both written and spoken. Knowledge of other European languages, particularly Dutch, is an advantage;
- Availability from September 2015 onwards, for a period of at least 6 consecutive months, for 36 hours a week;
- An affinity for urban issues, politics and international relations;
- Proficiency in the use of social media and online research, with familiarity in website CMS systems is an advantage;
- Work eligibility in the EU;
- Capable of working with minimal supervision.
The EUKN internship will run for 6 months starting September 2015 and ending in March 2016. The intern will work 36 hours a week out of the EUKN EGTC Secretariat office in The Hague, the Netherlands. You will receive an internship fee of €300 per month gross on the basis of a fulltime internship contract. Train transportation costs will be fully reimbursed.
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 27 July 2015. To apply please send your motivation letter and CV to project director Mart Grisel: [email protected]
For more information please visit the official website.