Deadline: 8 August 2015
Open to: applicants with at least two years of experience in project and event management
Remuneration: EUR 1,800 per month (gross)
AEGEE-Europe is recruiting a Project Officer to work in the headoffice in Brussels. The Project Officer will manage the implementation of MY-WAY, a two-year long project started on 1st of January 2015 and co-funded under the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme. The MY-WAY project aims at enhancing and improving the collaboration and efforts of web entrepreneurship initiatives (hubs, projects, accelerator networks, contests, etc.), web/business experts (accelerators, mentors, etc.), educational actors (business teachers and trainers) and the young adults as the final beneficiaries (through student networks, their alumni and student entrepreneurship centres). The MY-WAY project will increase the visibility and impact of the web entrepreneurship initiatives and services by actively engaging student networks and support centres and connecting them with business networks within the web entrepreneurship ecosystem. The starting date for the position is 1 September 2015 with a duration of six months. The tasks of the Project Officer will include:
- Supporting the preparation of two stakeholder conferences in Brussels (October 2015 and December 2015), including management of logistics, and content development in cooperation with the project partners;
- Supporting the preparation of the partners’ meeting in Brussels in December 2015;
- Regular communication and cooperation with project partners;
- Supporting AEGEE-Europe in implementation of other tasks in the project;
- Promoting the project within AEGEE and externally;
- Supporting the work of the organisation in cooperation with Secretary General.
The ideal candidate should fit the following profile:
- Fluent in English and good knowledge of French and/or Dutch;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong planning and organisational skills;
- At least two years of experience in project and event management
- Proven experience with European programs, especially with managing a project under the Horizon 2020 programme;
- Experience with working on the topic of web entrepreneurship and strong interest in the topic;
- Knowledge of AEGEE and experience in working in the youth field is an asset;
- Already living in Brussels is an advantage.
The position is remunerated by salary of EUR 1,800 per month (gross).
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 8 August 2015. In order to apply, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews should take place on 13 and 14 August in AEGEE-Europe headoffice in Brussels.
For more information please visit the official website.