Deadline: 30 October 2015
Open to: CEOs (present or past) who have signed or intend to sign the WEPs CEO Statement of Support by 30 October 2015 and companies that are participants of the United Nations Global Compact or intend to become participants
Prize: recognition of the company, public speech on the Women’s Empowerment Principles Annual Event that is broadcasted worldwide
The WEPs CEO Leadership Award, originated in 2012, is given annually by the Women’s Empowerment Principles – Equality Means Business (WEPs), a partnership initiative of UN Women and the UN Global Compact, to recognize CEOs for their exceptional championship of gender equality and support for the Women’s Empowerment Principles. The Award salutes concrete and innovative actions taken to advance the 7 Principles.
As advancing women in the workplace, marketplace and community requires implementing a range of tailored strategies and actions to achieve concrete, sustainable results with measurable impact, the WEPs CEO Leadership Awards are structured to reflect diverse avenues. Five distinct award categories reflect that innovation and leadership comes in different forms:
- Benchmarking for Change – Recognizes a company for embedding accountability to achieve gender equality through meaningful metrics, indicators, and reporting to track and monitor the inclusion of women at all levels of the company’s operations;
- Business Case for Action – Recognizes a company for the implementation of a cross-cutting strategic initiative to sustainable establish inclusion and equality, and transform company behavior and practices;
- Community Engagement – Recognizes a company for its alignment of values and business case applied to a long-term investment in community, leveraging community engagement to build community-driven and participatory local programmes;
- Cultural Change for Empowerment – Recognizes a company for its public, unwavering and proactive commitment to gender equality throughout its business operations that is complemented by a record of expansive programming elevating women’s equality in the workplace and throughout their communities;
- 7 Principles – Recognizes a company for taking coordinated action and implementing policies to deliver powerful results aligned with the 7 Principles.
Nominations are open to companies who meet the following criteria:
- CEOs (present or past) who have signed or intend to sign the WEPs CEO Statement of Support by 30 October 2015;
- Companies that are participants of the United Nations Global Compact or intend to become participants within the next six months.
The WEPs CEO Leadership Award will be presented at the United Nations Headquarters in New York City at a highly publicized ceremony within the Women’s Empowerment Principles Annual Event, in observance of International Women’s Day March 2016 (date to be announced by September 2015). The awards ceremony, which is web-streamed around the world, offers the CEO award recipient a unique platform to highlight the company’s commitment and achievement to the Women’s Empowerment Principles.
Please Note: Award recipients are expected to participate at the ceremony. The WEPs Team will work with company representatives to facilitate arrangements and logistics.
How to apply?
The nomination form must be completed and returned by 30 October 2015. Nominations and the accompanying documentation must come from within the company of the CEO nominated. Please limit the supporting documents to no more than five.
All companies submitting a nomination for the 2016 WEPs CEO Leadership Award will receive an email confirming that their submission has been received.
For more information please visit the official website.